The catalogue contains about 260,000 probate name entries covering all the Norfolk courts and types of record - wills, grants of administration and inventories. These names can be searched by one document type or all together. The result list will be arranged chronologically by start date.
- Use double quotations marks, e.g., "Anne Smith" or "South Lynn".
- Enter names as Surname, Forename.
- If the result list is very large, open the Advanced search options and use the Start and End Dates to reduce the size of the result list.
- For an overview of the probate courts in Norfolk and their records, see Probate records.
- For guidance on how to use the records for family research, see Wills and probate.
- For wills proved at the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, see the National Archives Research Guide Wills 1384-1858.
- For probate records of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk and Archdeaconry of Sudbury contact the Suffolk Record Office.