Print preview Close

Showing 7073 results

Archival description
Fonds
Print preview View:

3 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk

  • DC 45
  • Fonds
  • 1974-2024

Records of the Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk held at the King's Lynn Borough Archives. Also contains some records of the West Norfolk District Council, which it succeeded, where they have been kept together in a series.

Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk; 1981-; King's Lynn, Norfolk

Title of Robert Randall of Cockthorpe, gent. to copyhold lands in Denton

  • MC 3785, 1080X2
  • Fonds
  • 1648-1649

Being admissions of Robert Randall of Cockthorpe, gent., and after his decease, of his son, Robert Randall to 8a of meadow in Denton called Parkes Fenne lying to the north between the common way from Bungay to Harleston and to the south, the common river (abuttals supplied), copyhold of the Manor of Hardwicke Boughton in Denton, and which Robert (senior) had from the surrender of Hugh Allaby in March 1648, and to which his son was admitted in November 1649, and also the admission of Robert Randall (senior) to two pieces of land in Denton, one in a close called Colton's Close, (abuttals supplied) and the other abutting south on the highway from Bungay to Harleston and west on a close called Bitmere alias Bickmere, alias Critmere, copyhold of the Manor of Holbrook alias Alburgh.

Hardwick Boughtons Manor; 1189-1925; Hardwick, Norfolk

Records of the Norfolk Archaeological Trust

  • SO 300
  • Fonds
  • 1905-2024

Records of the Norfolk Archaeological Trust from its foundation in 1923. Includes Minutes of Council, correspondence, management plans, reports, teaching materials, maps, plans and photographs of sites currently and formerly managed by Norfolk Archaeological Trust.

Norfolk Archaeological Trust; 1923-; Norfolk

Diocese of Norwich: Tithe Maps and Apportionments

  • DN/TA
  • Fonds
  • 1722-1958

Tithe maps and apportionments and related records created under the Tithe Commutation Acts of 1836 and later.
The map plots all the properties in a parish including any detached portions and each plot is numbered. Buildings are usually colour coded: red for dwellings, grey for outbuildings.
The apportionment records the owner, occupier, description, land use, acreage and titheable value of each plot subject to tithe. It is arranged alphabetically by owner. Later adjustments are recorded in Altered Apportionments which only cover the plots involved.
A copy of the map and apportionment was deposited with the Tithe Commissioners, the diocese and the parish. The Tithe Commissioners series was later transferred to the Public Record Office, where both the maps and apportionments were microfilmed. These microfilms were passed to the Norfolk Record Office in 1996.
Tithe payments were finally abolished in 1936.

There are several parishes for which no tithe maps and apportionments were produced. The rural parishes are Blakeney; Breckles; Carleton Forehoe; Great Ryburgh; Great Walsingham; Grimston; Hempton; Kimberley; Langham; Little Ryburgh; Little Walsingham; Rushford; Shernbourne; Snettisham; West Bilney; Westacre; and Buckenham Tofts. Because of the lack of titheable land in built-up urban areas, there are a lot of Norwich parishes for which no tithe maps and apportionments were produced. They are Norwich St Edmund; Norwich St James with Pockthorpe; Norwich St Saviour; Norwich St Andrew; Norwich St Augustine; Norwich St Benedict; Norwich St George Colegate; Norwich St George Tombland; Norwich St Simon and St Jude; Norwich St Giles; Norwich St Gregory; Norwich St Helen; Norwich St John the Baptist at Maddermarket; Norwich St Lawrence; Norwich St Margaret and St Swithin; Norwich St Martin at Oak; Norwich St Martin at Palace; Norwich St Mary Coslany; Norwich St Mary in the Marsh; Norwich St Mary Magdalene with St James the Great with Pockthorpe; Norwich St Michael at Plea; Norwich St Michael Coslany; Norwich St Paul; Norwich St Peter Hungate; Norwich St Peter Mancroft; Norwich St Stephen; and Norwich St Swithin.

Diocese of Norwich; 1095-

Papers of Messrs W.H. Tillett & Co.

  • MC 3695
  • Fonds
  • 1787-1929

Steward's papers for the manors of Trowse Newton and Carrow and papers relating to the Norfolk Stewards

W.H. Tillett & Co.; ? 19th century-? mid 20th century; solicitors; Norwich, Norfolk

Deopham with Hackford Parish Council

  • PC 98
  • Fonds
  • 1895-2020

Records relating to Hackford Parish Meeting, Deopham Parish Council and Deopham with Hackford Parish Council, charities and other papers.

Deopham with Hackford Parish Council; 1894-; Deopham with Hackford, Norfolk

Hales and Heckingham Parish Council

  • PC 242
  • Fonds
  • 1894-2013

Includes minutes of the parish council, annual meeting minutes, declarations of acceptance of office books, receipt and payments books, and correspondence files.

Hales Parish Council; 1894-1969; Hales, Norfolk

Treasurer's Department

  • N/T
  • Fonds
  • 1718-1998

1 Rate estimates
2 Rate books
3 Abstracts of account
4 Abstracts of account: Paving Commission and Board of Health
5 Rate Fund Accounts
6 Loans
7 Wages
8 Cash payments
9 Tonnage dues
10 Private Street Works
11 Norwich Incorporation of Guardians of the Poor
12 River Yare Commissioners
13 Mousehold Heath Conservators
14 City Committee accounts
15 Education Committee
16 City Engineer
17 Works Department personal ledgers
18 Parks and Gardens Committee
19 Various accounts
20 Miscellaneous
21 Treasurer's Orders
22 Valuation Lists
23 Poor and General District Rate Books, 1825-1844
24 Housing
25 Elliott 405 computer
26 Rate Arrears
27 General Rate Books
28 City Accountants
29 Capital Expenditure Journals (uncatalogued)
30 Special Committee i.e. expenditure
31 Local Government Act 1958
32 Registers of local land charges
33 Poor rate assessments 1718-1824
34 Warrants to City Treasurer to recieve watch rate
35 Sanitary Authority abstracts of accounts

Norwich City Council, Treasurer's Department; ?-?; Norwich, Norfolk

Results 1 to 15 of 7073