Showing 16 results

Archival description
Leslie Hall collection
Print preview View:

Leslie Hall collection

  • MC 3502
  • Fonds
  • 17th century-19th century

Records collected by Leslie Hall. They relate to King's Lynn and the lighthouse at Hunstanton, the Trustees of the Port for the Port of King's Lynn, a bill for damage done to the Duke's Head during an election riot in 1822, mayoral seal (side with St Margaret only).

Leslie Hall; 1903-1974; Town Hall Keeper, Mayor's Officer; King's Lynn, Norfolk

Bills for repair of King John Cup

Two bills of repair for work done to the King John Cup.
The earliest bill (1749-50) is for £12-12-0 of work mending, guilding and enamelling.
The later bill (1770) is for £12-0-0 of work for enamelling, gilding, adding silver and engraving

Mayoral Seal

One half of the Mayoral Seal of King's Lynn, showing St Margaret. The reverse is blank rather than showing an Eagle.

Oil consumption accounts

Two booklets detailing the amount of oil used by the lighthouse at Hunstanton. The first booklet covers 1794-1805 while the second covers 1829-1832. It has comparative notes on the amount of oil used at Wells, Boston and Wisbech. Also has notes about the glazing of the reflectors.

Sale of pews in St Margaret's

Records relating to the raising of funds for St Margaret's Church after a storm had blown the steeple down and badly damaged the church. These include the ability to sell pews, with arguments for and against the proposal

Bill for damages to Duke's Head Hotel

Bill for damage done to the Duke's Head, a pub located on the Tuesday Market Place, after an election riot in 1822. The bill is itemised for replacing the glass and lead of the windows which had been smashed as well as furniture inside. Total was £42-5-0

Results 1 to 15 of 16