Showing 93 results

Archival description
Architect's Department
Print preview View:

Microfilm of Plans of Historic Buildings (City Architect's microfilm no. CA 54)

Frame numbers are as follows:

1-12 41 All Saints Green, 1983-1986.
13-71 Bacon House, Colegate (including Civic Portrait Store) and adjoining buildings in St George's St. and Calvert St., 1971-1985.
72-80 Bethel Hospital, c 1977 (N.B. All City Architect's plans are undated. Plan by Johnson Pearce (East Anglia) Ltd. of electrical layout is dated 1977.)
81-83 50 and 52 Bethel St., 1985.
84 Bridewell Museum, 1955 (City Engineer's plan G 1248).
85 Property later used as Bridewell Museum, 1923 (probably City Engineer's plan 1420). Described as 'City of Norwich Property - Bridwell [sic] Alley (Messrs. Bowhill And Hubbard)'.
86-89 Birkett's Building, 1989.
90-99, 102 Earlham Hall Stable Block ('The Bothy'), 1989-1990.
100-101 Earlham Hall, nd [? early 20th century] (City Engineer's plans, no date or number).
103 Bridewell Museum, 1955 (City Engineer's plan G 1248).
104 Bridewell Museum, 1982.
105-118 Briton's Arms, Elm Hill, 1966, 1980, 1984.
119-166 Castle Museum, mainly re-roofing, 1965-1988, but also including: survey of Bigod Tower, 1980 (frame 128); repairs to Keep, 1982 (frames 131-135); survey of Keep, 1982 (frames 157-162); Keep by Edward Boardman and Son, 1890 (frames 163-165); and Keep roof by City Engineer, 1921 (no plan number, frame 66).
167-290 Churchman House, 68 St Giles St. (conversion to Norwich Register Office), mainly 1982-1992, but also including: Churchman House by City Engineer, 1929 (no plan number, frame 267); and Churchman House and 7 Chapel Field North (when Health Department Offices), 1955 (City Engineer's tracing no. G 1275/20, frame 26).
291-293 18 Colegate, 1984-1985.
294-298 41 and 43 Elm Hill (Pettus House) and 1 Wright's Court, 1981-1982.
299-360 Gladstone House, 28 St Giles St.: conversion to Leisure and Community Services Offices, 1984-1991; and conversion to Water Department Offices, 1968.
361-480 Guildhall, mainly conversion to Tourist Information Centre and regalia and pageantry display area in Mace Room, 1984-1989, but also including: tracing of survey drawing, 1890 orig. (frame 364); proposed lavatories, 1959 (frame 474); reorganization joinery details, 1967 (frame 475); tracing from survey drawing, 1896 orig. (frame 476); and rehabilitation of cells, 1975 (frame 478).
481-504 1 and 3 Guildhall Hill, 1982-1984.
505-509 2 Old Meeting House Alley (modernization), 1988.
510-513 Pumping Station, New Mills Yard, 1987-1988.
514-523 13-21 Red Lion St. and Orford Yard, 1986-1987.
524 27 St Andrew's St., 1982.
525 55 St Giles St., 1981.
526-546 74 Upper St Giles St., 1982-1984.
547-548 82 Upper St Giles St. (building at rear), 1986.
549 St. Peter Hungate Museum (plinth for Thomas Newman bell), 1983.
550-554 3 White Lion St., 1982-1984.
555 10 and 12 Willow Lane, [1980s?].
556-568 6, 8, 8A, 10, 14 Willow Lane, 1987.

Great Hospital; c 1249-; Norwich, Norfolk

Microfilm of Plans of Historic Buildings (City Architect's microfilm no. CA 56)

Frame numbers as follows:

1 Borrow House, Willow Lane (party wall), 1992.
2-7 Churchman House, 68 St Giles St. (mechanical services layout), 1989-1990.
8-31 Ferry Cross Centre, 22 and 24 Colegate, 1972, 1990-1991.
32-35 Former Norfolk and Norwich Subscription Library, 4 Market Place otherwise 4 Guildhall Hill (Heritage Centre feasibility study), 1979.
36-48 4 Guildhall Hill (alterations), 1981.
49-171 Advice Arcade, 4 Guildhall Hill, 1984-1988.
172-488 St Andrew's Hall and Blackfriars' Hall, mainly 1958-1963, 1969-1992, but including: survey of stone floor and masons' marks, 1970 (frame 175); tracing of plan by Walter Lake, City Surveyor, 1879 orig. (frame 211); demolition of 2A Prince's St., 1989 (frames 369-370); City Engineer's plans (all no. 1010), 1910-1911 (frames 471, 473-477); Roof, 1923 and 1920 (frames 478-482); plan by P.C. Elliston-Etwood, 1949, based on City Engineer's plans of 1910-1911 and William Ivory's plan of 1762 (frame 480); and copy [c 1949] of plan by William Ivory, 1762 orig. (frame 481).
489-498, 500-510 Weaver's Cottage, 63 St. George's St., 1984-1987.
499 59 and 61 St George's St., 1985.
511 St. Peter Hungate Museum (excavation of south transept, east wall), [1980s?].
512-588 Stranger's Hall Museum, mainly 1959, 1961, 1971, 1973 and 1981-1988, but including: several City Engineer's plans (all no. 1384), one copied from 1901 indenture, others dated 1922 and 1957 (frames 582-588).

Microfilm of Plans of Historic Buildings (City Architect's microfilm no. CA 62)

Frame numbers as follows:

1-256 Dragon Hall (formerly The Old Barge Public House) King St., 1980-1992, including: survey of 14 St Ann's Lane, 1986 (frame 226).
257 20 Elm Hill, 1982.
258-283 1 and 3 Guildhall Hill and Labour In Vain Yard, 1985-1987, 1991-1992.
284 The Old Meeting House, Colegate, 1992.
285-367 2, 4 and 6 Prince's St., and 2 and 4 Elm Hill, 1985-1987, including: copy, 1986, of south and east elevation taken from Corbridge's map, 1727 orig. (frames 315-316).
368-393 27 Wensum St. (proposed re-fit for kebab takeaway), 1991-1992.
394-398 47-51 All Saints Green, 1975.
399-469 Lakenham Surgery, Ninham St. (new building), 1991-1993.
470-475 25, 27 and 29 Colegate (conversion to offices), 1987.
476-477 25 Elm Hill (proposed reorganization of kitchen etc.), 1984.
478 St Andrew's public conveniences (new glazed roof light), 1983.
479-485 Charing Cross Centre (alteration to entrance and reception area), 1988.
486-491 St Saviour's Lane public conveniences (refurbishment), 1987-1988, 1992-1993.

Architect's Department

  • N/AR
  • Fonds
  • 1920-1993

Norwich City Council, Architect's Department; ?-?; Norwich, Norfolk

Results 1 to 15 of 93