1 Use the Back and Forward buttons to work through pages you have already seen
- By right-clicking on the Back and Forward buttons you can display a list of pages and select the one required, rather than clicking each page individually.
- Select the bottom-most entry in the list and then right-click again to open another selection.
2 Adjust the font size
Applies to the current tab only. Changes stored for next time.
- Click on the three vertical dots at the top right of your screen.
- Under Zoom, use -/+ to adjust the font size as required.
3 Viewing multiple descriptions using tabs
NB:opening a new browser window requires logging-in again.
- Log in.
- Click on the New Tab icon - the plus sign at the top of the screen.
- Browse to the Staff version of Atom.
4 Use your mouse to copy text from a web page
- Place the cursor at the beginning of the required text.
- Holding down the left mouse button, sweep the mouse over the required text and release the left button.
- Press Ctrl+C or select with the right mouse button to copy the text.
5 Truncated text
Large amounts of text are not immediately displayed; only the beginning portion. To see all the text click on the button with chevrons.
6 Find on Page
Use Ctrl+F to open the search box. NB: truncated text must be displayed to be searched: see above.
7 The Nuclear Option
If the web page hangs, hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and press Delete. This will display a Clear Browsing Data window. In the drop down box select Last hour, click OK and refresh your web page. This process deletes your cookies and settings to all websites and you may need to reset terms and conditions when next accessing them, e.g., Google.