Thurgarton with Bassingham Manor; 1189-1925; Thurgarton, Norfolk

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Thurgarton with Bassingham Manor; 1189-1925; Thurgarton, Norfolk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1189-1925

History

Manor of Thurgarton owned by St Benets [Swales]. Norwich Bishopric estates; Church Commissioners. \r\nBishop of Norwich is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory, 1883.\r\nLast transaction dated: 1920; lord of the manor: Ecclesiastical Commissioners; Steward: H. de Bock Porter [TNA, HMC 5/6].

Places

Thurgarton, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Extended into West Beckham [see West Beckham Inclosure Award, NRO, C/Sca 2/20]

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/4380

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 22/01/2003 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

F. Blomefield, 'An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk' (11 vols, London, 1805-1810)\r\nT.H. Swales, 'The redistributions of monastic lands in Norfolk at the Dissolu

Maintenance notes

Proven MDR
  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC