Thetford Municipal Charities; 1836-; Thetford, Norfolk

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Thetford Municipal Charities; 1836-; Thetford, Norfolk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1836-

History

On the passing of the Municipal Corporations Act, 1835, Thetford Coporation made application to Chancery for the reformed Corporation to be given trusteeship of the School and Hospital charity, Sir Joseph Williamson's charity, Henry Smith's charity; Alderman Barnham's charity; Sir Edwin Rich's charity, Sir Charles Harbord's almshouses charity, the Duke of Norfolk's (clothing) charity and Peter Sterne's charity for the relief of the poor. An order effecting this was made in 1836. A Charity Commission scheme of August 1906 altered the organization of the municipal charities.

Places

Thetford, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/10566

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 18/12/2018 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places