Quaker Meeting House, Lammas, Norfolk

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

  • The burial ground was given to the Society of Friends by John Allen and consisted of a close called Appletons. In 1801 Lammas and North Walsham Monthly Meetings were united with Norwich Monthly Meeting and consequently the estate came under the control of the Norwich Meeting. In 1838 the old burial ground was sold to John Wright, Junior for £10, and this sum was used towards the repairs on North Walsham Meeting House. In June 1862 the Meeting House at Lammas was let for the use of the congregation of Wesleyan Methodists at an annual rent of £2 12s.

Source note(s)

  • NRO

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Quaker Meeting House, Lammas, Norfolk

Quaker Meeting House, Lammas, Norfolk

Equivalent terms

Quaker Meeting House, Lammas, Norfolk

Associated terms

Quaker Meeting House, Lammas, Norfolk

1 Results for Quaker Meeting House, Lammas, Norfolk

1 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

'A Record for the People called Quakers in the County of NORFOLK of all their Burying Grounds, Meeting houses and Yearly Profits of Charitable gifts and Bequests to their Poor annually digested shewing By whom and when Purchased or Given, to whom and when since transferred in Trust and with whom the several Writings thereunto belonging are lodged.'

Dated 1859 (with later additions c 1937). Includes Estates in: Alburgh, 1701-1926: Beccles, 1791-1930; Diss 1698-1937; Downham, 1710-1899; Fakenham, 1667-1905; Hingham, 1708-1927; Harling, 1837-1937; Holt, 1713-1901; Kirtley, 1826-1869; Lammas, 16...