Sub-fonds Y/D 103 - Plans and elevations of Deneside Hospital, Great Yarmouth

Identity area

Reference code

Y/D 103

Title

Plans and elevations of Deneside Hospital, Great Yarmouth

Date(s)

  • 1854 (Creation)

Level of description

Sub-fonds

Extent and medium

4 pieces

Context area

Name of creator

(1840-1981)

Administrative history

Yarmouth General Hospital was opened on Deneside in 1840 (a small hospital with accommodation for only three or four in-patients had opened in a house in Queen Street in 1838). The Corporation gave the site and the Hospital was funded by voluntary contributions. It was rebuilt on a larger scale in 1888 and further enlarged in 1896, 1910 and 1928. The Hospital closed on the opening of the James Paget Hospital in 1981. It has since been demolished.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 18 January 2000 (ACC 1999/183/FM/IM).

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

fc02de72-938b-4c8b-8bea-33a7511a4152

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Created 21/07/2004 by Droip. Modified 21/08/2018 by Droip.

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places