Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich; 1291-1857

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich; 1291-1857

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Dean and Chapter of Norwich Peculiar

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1291-1857

History

This jurisdiction extended over the parishes of Arminghall, West Beckham, Catton, Hindolveston, Lakenham, Martham, Norwich St Mary in the Marsh with St Luke's Chapel (which included the Cathedral Precinct), Norwich St Helen, Norwich St James Pockthorpe, Norwich St Paul, Eaton by Norwich, Great Plumstead, Sedgeford, Sprowston and Trowse Newton. It was exempt from the Archdeacon's jurisdiction but not the Bishop's. Abolished in 1857.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/917

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 20/11/2002 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC