- 1901-2007 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
24 volumes, 3 papers
Name of creator
In 1901, a temporary church with 150 sittings was erected on Grove Road, Lakenham, Norwich. This building was licensed for marriages in 1910. On 4 August 1932, work started on a permanent church, which was designed by the architect, Cecil Upcher. The first portion of the building was dedicated on 1 October 1933, and the church was finally consecrated by the Bishop of Norwich on 20 May 1937. The church continued as a chapel of ease to the parish church of St John the Baptist and All Saints, Lakenham until St Alban's was constituted a separate parish by Order in Council of 30 September 1949. St Alban's subsequently became part of the Lakenham Group, with St Mark's, Lakenham.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 7 July 2009 (ACC 2009/104). List completed September 2009 (JW).
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Comprises parish registers, 1901-2000; registration papers, 1907-1945; service registers, 1901-2007; and confirmation register, 1949-1995.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created 23/09/2009 by Drojr. Modified 06/03/2019 by Catherine.Collins.