- 1570-1998 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
There were originally two churches in Ringstead: St Peter and St Andrew. St Peter's church (with the exception of the tower) was pulled down in 1771, when the two parishes were consolidated. For records of Ringstead St Peter after 1773, see the records of Ringstead St Andrew (reference PD 696).
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 30 May 2000 (ACC 2000/46 numbered PD 696/1-15); 31 July 2000 (ACC 2000/88 numbered PD 696/16-32); 17 November 2000 (ACC 2000/205 numbered PD 696/33-34); and 23 May 2002 (ACC 2002/55 numbered PD 696/35-49). Catalogued 6 June 2000 and 21 July 2002 by GK and amended 26 June 2008 by JW.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Documents are arranged by series; document references are not necessarily in numerical order.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created 06/06/2000 by Drogk. Modified 06/03/2019 by Catherine.Collins.