Fonds PD 701 - Parish Records of New Lakenham (St Mark)

Identity area

Reference code

PD 701


Parish Records of New Lakenham (St Mark)


  • 1844-2017 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

220 pieces

Context area

Name of creator


Administrative history

The parish of New Lakenham was formed on 20 August 1844 out of the united parishes of Lakenham and Trowse. The church of St Mark (situated on Hall Road, Lakenham, Norwich) was consecrated on 24 September 1844. St Mark's subsequently became part of the Lakenham Group, with St Alban's, Lakenham.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Received 1 June 2018 (ACC 2018/42). List updated 1 June 2018 (AB).

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Numbers not used: PD 701/148-149

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Additional records were received on 3 September 2013. They comprise about 24 architectural drawings and plans of the church relating to the rood screen (including sketches by Temple Moore), 1910-1912, the war memorial, c 1920, and restoration and improvement work to the church, 1943-1944. They are in poor condition, but may be seen in the Conservation Studio by advance notice. Quote reference ACC 2013/188.

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier


Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used



Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Created 14/06/2001 by Drogk. Modified 06/03/2019 by Catherine.Collins.


Accession area