- 1552-2011 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
7 boxes, 2 rolls, 1 outsize volume
Name of creator
Grimston was united with Congham by Order in Council of 21 November 1958. According to Kelly's Norfolk Directory of 1900, St Luke's Mission Chapel was opened at Pott Row, Grimston on St Luke's Day, 1884. In Lynn Deanery.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 3 October 1994 (numbered PD 687/1) and 14 January 2013 (ACC 2012/260 numbered PD 687/2-33). List completed 27 January 2014 (JW).
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Comprises parish registers, 1552-2011; registration papers, 1753-1918; records of the church and benefice, 1780-1895; and records of the overseers of the poor, 1840-1848.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created 14/01/2013 by Drojr. Modified 06/03/2019 by Catherine.Collins.