Parish Records of Great Ryburgh
- 1547-1999 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
In Toftrees Deanery. Great and Little Ryburgh were consolidated on 18 June 1750, and then united with Gateley and Testerton by Order in Council on 12 October 1925. Under a pastoral measure of 1969, the benefices of Great Ryburgh and Little Ryburgh with Gateley and Testerton, and the benefice of Stibbard were held in plurality.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 17 November 1989 (numbered PD 621/1-82); 4 October 2000 (ACC 2000/147 numbered PD 621/83-84), 14 November 2008 (ACC 2008/258 numbered PD 621/85) and 19 February 2015 (ACC 2014/267 numbered PD 621/86-88). List amended November 2008 (JW) and 20 February 2015 (IRP).
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Contains parish registers, 1547-1973; registration papers, 1852-1965; papers relating to the church and benefice, 1760-1999; records of the churchwardens and Parochial Church Council, 1597-1973; charity papers, 1809-1969; records of Ryburgh School, 1889-1979; parish magazines, 1910-1971; and miscellaneous papers, 1825-1968.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Documents are arranged by series; document references are not necessarily in numerical order.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Most registers are available on microform.
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created 07/05/2003 by Drome. Modified 21/12/2018 by Droip.