Northwold Hovells and Dagneys Manor; 1189-1925; Northwold, Norfolk

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Northwold Hovells and Dagneys Manor; 1189-1925; Northwold, Norfolk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1189-1925

History

Purchased by Thomas Holder 1724: his widow was lady in 1736 [source: Bryant's Norfolk Churches]. Henry Partridge is named as lord in the Inclosure Award of 1798 [NRO, C/Sce 1/6]. H.S. Partridge, Esq., is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory (1845).\r\nHenry Thomas Partridge, Esq., is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory, 1883.\r\nLast transaction dated: 1869; lord of the manor: Henry Thomas Partridge; Steward: Fred. R. Partridge [TNA, HMC 5/6].

Places

Northwold, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/4062

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 22/01/2003 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

F. Blomefield, 'An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk' (11 vols, London, 1805-1810)\r\nW. White, 'History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk, and the City and Cou

Maintenance notes

Proven MDR
  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC