Norfolk and Norwich Eye Infirmary; 1823-1925

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Norfolk and Norwich Eye Infirmary; 1823-1925

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1823-1925

History

Founded in 1823 by three men also on the staff of the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, Lewis Evans, Robert Hull and Thomas Martineau. Its first premises were on St Benedicts Plain; in 1854 it moved to a house in Pottergate; and in 1913 to a house in St Stephen's Road opposite the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital. In 1925 the Infirmary amalgamated with the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and in 1930 a new building was opened for eye, ear, nose and throat patients. This building was demolished in 1971.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/7004

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 12/09/2005 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places