Microform

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

  • Original documents re-formatted at a reduced scale onto microfilm. Films are available as either 16mm or 35mm rolls. Microfiche consist of 16mm rolls cut up and placed under flat plastic.

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Microform

Equivalent terms

Microform

Associated terms

Microform

226 Archival description results for Microform

226 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Microfilm of Plans of Historic Buildings (City Architect's microfilm no. CA 54)

Frame numbers are as follows:

1-12 41 All Saints Green, 1983-1986.
13-71 Bacon House, Colegate (including Civic Portrait Store) and adjoining buildings in St George's St. and Calvert St., 1971-1985.
72-80 Bethel Hospital, c 1977 (N.B. All City Architect's plans are undated. Plan by Johnson Pearce (East Anglia) Ltd. of electrical layout is dated 1977.)
81-83 50 and 52 Bethel St., 1985.
84 Bridewell Museum, 1955 (City Engineer's plan G 1248).
85 Property later used as Bridewell Museum, 1923 (probably City Engineer's plan 1420). Described as 'City of Norwich Property - Bridwell [sic] Alley (Messrs. Bowhill And Hubbard)'.
86-89 Birkett's Building, 1989.
90-99, 102 Earlham Hall Stable Block ('The Bothy'), 1989-1990.
100-101 Earlham Hall, nd [? early 20th century] (City Engineer's plans, no date or number).
103 Bridewell Museum, 1955 (City Engineer's plan G 1248).
104 Bridewell Museum, 1982.
105-118 Briton's Arms, Elm Hill, 1966, 1980, 1984.
119-166 Castle Museum, mainly re-roofing, 1965-1988, but also including: survey of Bigod Tower, 1980 (frame 128); repairs to Keep, 1982 (frames 131-135); survey of Keep, 1982 (frames 157-162); Keep by Edward Boardman and Son, 1890 (frames 163-165); and Keep roof by City Engineer, 1921 (no plan number, frame 66).
167-290 Churchman House, 68 St Giles St. (conversion to Norwich Register Office), mainly 1982-1992, but also including: Churchman House by City Engineer, 1929 (no plan number, frame 267); and Churchman House and 7 Chapel Field North (when Health Department Offices), 1955 (City Engineer's tracing no. G 1275/20, frame 26).
291-293 18 Colegate, 1984-1985.
294-298 41 and 43 Elm Hill (Pettus House) and 1 Wright's Court, 1981-1982.
299-360 Gladstone House, 28 St Giles St.: conversion to Leisure and Community Services Offices, 1984-1991; and conversion to Water Department Offices, 1968.
361-480 Guildhall, mainly conversion to Tourist Information Centre and regalia and pageantry display area in Mace Room, 1984-1989, but also including: tracing of survey drawing, 1890 orig. (frame 364); proposed lavatories, 1959 (frame 474); reorganization joinery details, 1967 (frame 475); tracing from survey drawing, 1896 orig. (frame 476); and rehabilitation of cells, 1975 (frame 478).
481-504 1 and 3 Guildhall Hill, 1982-1984.
505-509 2 Old Meeting House Alley (modernization), 1988.
510-513 Pumping Station, New Mills Yard, 1987-1988.
514-523 13-21 Red Lion St. and Orford Yard, 1986-1987.
524 27 St Andrew's St., 1982.
525 55 St Giles St., 1981.
526-546 74 Upper St Giles St., 1982-1984.
547-548 82 Upper St Giles St. (building at rear), 1986.
549 St. Peter Hungate Museum (plinth for Thomas Newman bell), 1983.
550-554 3 White Lion St., 1982-1984.
555 10 and 12 Willow Lane, [1980s?].
556-568 6, 8, 8A, 10, 14 Willow Lane, 1987.

Great Hospital; c 1249-; Norwich, Norfolk

Microfilm of Plans of Historic Buildings (City Architect's microfilm no. CA 56)

Frame numbers as follows:

1 Borrow House, Willow Lane (party wall), 1992.
2-7 Churchman House, 68 St Giles St. (mechanical services layout), 1989-1990.
8-31 Ferry Cross Centre, 22 and 24 Colegate, 1972, 1990-1991.
32-35 Former Norfolk and Norwich Subscription Library, 4 Market Place otherwise 4 Guildhall Hill (Heritage Centre feasibility study), 1979.
36-48 4 Guildhall Hill (alterations), 1981.
49-171 Advice Arcade, 4 Guildhall Hill, 1984-1988.
172-488 St Andrew's Hall and Blackfriars' Hall, mainly 1958-1963, 1969-1992, but including: survey of stone floor and masons' marks, 1970 (frame 175); tracing of plan by Walter Lake, City Surveyor, 1879 orig. (frame 211); demolition of 2A Prince's St., 1989 (frames 369-370); City Engineer's plans (all no. 1010), 1910-1911 (frames 471, 473-477); Roof, 1923 and 1920 (frames 478-482); plan by P.C. Elliston-Etwood, 1949, based on City Engineer's plans of 1910-1911 and William Ivory's plan of 1762 (frame 480); and copy [c 1949] of plan by William Ivory, 1762 orig. (frame 481).
489-498, 500-510 Weaver's Cottage, 63 St. George's St., 1984-1987.
499 59 and 61 St George's St., 1985.
511 St. Peter Hungate Museum (excavation of south transept, east wall), [1980s?].
512-588 Stranger's Hall Museum, mainly 1959, 1961, 1971, 1973 and 1981-1988, but including: several City Engineer's plans (all no. 1384), one copied from 1901 indenture, others dated 1922 and 1957 (frames 582-588).

Microfilm of Plans of Historic Buildings (City Architect's microfilm no. CA 62)

Frame numbers as follows:

1-256 Dragon Hall (formerly The Old Barge Public House) King St., 1980-1992, including: survey of 14 St Ann's Lane, 1986 (frame 226).
257 20 Elm Hill, 1982.
258-283 1 and 3 Guildhall Hill and Labour In Vain Yard, 1985-1987, 1991-1992.
284 The Old Meeting House, Colegate, 1992.
285-367 2, 4 and 6 Prince's St., and 2 and 4 Elm Hill, 1985-1987, including: copy, 1986, of south and east elevation taken from Corbridge's map, 1727 orig. (frames 315-316).
368-393 27 Wensum St. (proposed re-fit for kebab takeaway), 1991-1992.
394-398 47-51 All Saints Green, 1975.
399-469 Lakenham Surgery, Ninham St. (new building), 1991-1993.
470-475 25, 27 and 29 Colegate (conversion to offices), 1987.
476-477 25 Elm Hill (proposed reorganization of kitchen etc.), 1984.
478 St Andrew's public conveniences (new glazed roof light), 1983.
479-485 Charing Cross Centre (alteration to entrance and reception area), 1988.
486-491 St Saviour's Lane public conveniences (refurbishment), 1987-1988, 1992-1993.

Microfilm copy of deeds relating to 47-50 Denmark Street, Diss

Attested copy of a lease for a year by Thomas Page to Elizabeth Coggeshall of a messuage or tenement (in which George Gosling formerly lived and in which Henry Downing, Thomas Davey, Charles Fisher and Elizabeth Simpson now live), with the appurtenances belonging, containing 3 acres, in Cock Street (abutting the way between Cock Street and Diss market to the west), as well as all other messuages, lands and tenements in Diss belonging to Thomas Page, and which formerly belonged to Susan Clarke, 1717 (copy made 1770).
Attested copy of a mortgage for £550 by Benjamin Clarke to William Stutter of the freehold parts of a messuage or tenement in Cock Street, with the appurtenances (formerly occupied by John Bransby and Widow Bransby and now occupied by William Blomfield), which Clarke purchased from John Taylor of Diss, 16 and 17 August 1771; also the freehold messuage or tenement (in which Thomas Sheriffe, Mrs Abigail Sheriffe and Mary Wood previously dwelt and in which Benjamin Clarke now lives) in Cock Street (commonly known as 'The Cock') with the appurtenances, containing 3 roods, and also the gateway or passage to the same premises (which are copyhold of the manor of Diss with the Members), adjoining a green called Cock Street to the west and abutting on the messuage and lands which are described next, to the north; a freehold messuage or tenement (in which George Gostling, Henry Downing and Benjamin Clarke once dwelt and in which Thomas Farrors now lives) in Cock Street, with the appurtenances, containing 50 perches, abutting the green called Cock Street Green to the west; and 1 acre of freehold meadow land in Cock Street, Diss, adjoining the last mentioned premises, all of which premises were formerly part of the estate of Elizabeth Coggeshall, and which last mentioned premises Clarke purchased from Robert Layman of Diss, surgeon, in 1770. 20 August 1771.
Assignment of mortgage by Edward Youngman; Simon Butcher and William Jolly (Commissioners in Bankruptcy for the estate of Benjamin Clarke, late of Diss, a bankrupt) to Charles Punchard. The deed states that the messuage occupied by William Blomfield had already been sold (the freehold part to George Womack, the copyhold part to George Eaton) and this deed therefore relates to the remaining mortgage term in the rest of the messuages or tenements, meadow ground and appurtenances, which were occupied by Thomas Farrow, 15 May 1777.
Bargain and sale by Benjamin Clarke (under the direction of Humphrey Rant, Henry Negus and Henry Browne, Commissioners in Bankruptcy, and Simon Butcher, one of Clarke's creditors) to Richard Spurdens of Clarke's messuage and tenement (previously occupied by George Gosling, Benjamin Clarke, [Thomas] Farrow and then [forename not given] Savage) in Cock Street with the appurtenances, containing 50 roods, abutting the green called Cock Street Green to the west, 15 July 1777.
Bargain and sale by Richard Spurdens to Robert Spurdens of the property as described above, 28 June 1800.
Mortgage for £150 by Robert Spurdens to William Foster of the property as described above, 30 June 1800.
Assignment of mortgage by William Foster (on the direction of Robert Spurdens) to Benjamin Wiseman, regarding the same property, 6 July 1803.
Lease for a year, with release, by Robert Spurdens to Benjamin Wiseman, relating to the above property, 16 and 17 October 1807.
Extract from the will of Benjamin Wiseman of Diss, gentleman, bequeathing all his property in Diss to his son, Edward Sheriffe Wiseman, will proved by the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 1810.
Lease and release by Edward Sheriffe Wiseman to Robert Sheriffe of all Wiseman's freehold messuages or tenements in Cock Street, Diss containing 50 perches, which Benjamin Wiseman purchased in 1807 from Robert Spurdens, 9 and 10 October 1810.
Abstract of title to five freehold cottages in Cock Street, Diss, 'lot 13' (summarizing the deeds of 1771-1810, as well as an extract from the will of Robert Sheriffe bequeathing his house in Diss to his nephew, Thomas Sheriffe, proved 1840), nd [c 1841]
Lease and release by Revd Thomas Sheriff to Samuel Farrow of all Sherriffe's freehold messuages or tenements in Cock Street, Diss, formerly thought to contain 50 perches but now by a recent survey measured as 1 rood 3 perches, as described above, now in the occupation of Daniel Dove, Robert Battle, Daniel Cattermole, John Gobbett and James Church, 17 and 18 March 1841.

Results 1 to 15 of 226