Martham Manor; 1189-1925; Martham, Norfolk

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Martham Manor; 1189-1925; Martham, Norfolk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1189-1925

History

Granted to Norwich Cathedral priory by Bishop Herbert, 1101; passed to Norwich Dean and Chapter at the Dissolution of the monastic house and foundation of the Cathedral chapter, 1538; retained by the Crown at the refoundation, 1547; Land Tax Assessment of 1695 gives ...;\r\nThomas Grove, Esq., is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory (1845).\r\nMr Capon is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory, 1883.\r\nLast transaction dated: 1874; lord of the manor: Charles Henry Capon; Steward: Jas Chiddick [TNA, HMC 5/6].

Places

Martham, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/3980

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 22/01/2003 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

F. Blomefield, 'An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk' (11 vols, London, 1805-1810)\r\nW. White, 'History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk, and the City and Cou

Maintenance notes

Proven MDR
  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC