File NRS 21396 - Map of Broomhill in Weeting

Identity area

Reference code

NRS 21396


Map of Broomhill in Weeting


  • nd [c 1800] (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

Context area

Name of creator


Administrative history

The Priory of Bromhill was founded in the early thirteenth century by Sir Hugh de Playz, who held the manor of Methwold of the Earl Warren. Land in Methwold was aliened to the priory, and subsequently land in Croxton, Feltwell and Weeting. On dissolution the manor and priory were granted to Cardinal Wolsey in 1528 and, after his fall, to Christ's College Cambridge in 1531.\r\nIt is not clear at what point, or indeed whether, the four Bromehill manors (that in Feltwell called East Hall) were split from one main manor, but by the nineteenth century a separate manor court was regularly held in Croxton, Feltwell and Methwold (see court books MC 2909).

Archival history

Earl of Bradford

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Scale of chains 9-1 in.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

22 in. by 14 in.

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier


Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used



Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Created 08/11/2006 by Droip. Modified 06/08/2015 by Droip.


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places