File MS 13130, 40A5 - Manor of Little Fransham messor's account roll

Identity area

Reference code

MS 13130, 40A5


Manor of Little Fransham messor's account roll


  • 1404-1405 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

1 rotulet

Context area

Name of creator


Administrative history

This manor appears to have been united with Circums and Wilcox manor by the late seventeenth century. Bought by Arthur Capell in 1513 and descended through the family, including Henry Capell, who occurs as lord 1565, 1580-1588, Arthur Capell who occurs as lord 1588-1598, 1610-16. The Capell family were later Earls of Essex. Court rolls from 1676 give the manor name as Circums and Wilcox alias Little Fransham and the lord as the Earl of Essex (1727 William Earl of Essex; 1755 Ann Holles Earl of Essex; 1813 to 1820 Harriot Dowager Countess of Essex; 1822 -18 25 Arthur Algernon Capel Esq., by 1841 he is Arthur Algernon Earl of Essex). The manor was sold by the Earl of Essex, with Great Fransham and 'land in Little Fransham' in 1850 to John Hudson. It was then subsequently sold to John Hewitt in 1872. The lord of the manor is given as Charles Henry Capon Esq. in 1873.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Mich. 6-7 Henry IV

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Description control area

Description identifier


Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used



Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Created 20/08/2007 by Droip. Modified 12/07/2018 by Droip.


Accession area