John Salmon; ?-1325; clergyman and Bishop of Norwich

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

John Salmon; ?-1325; clergyman and Bishop of Norwich

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

?-1325

History

Brothers Alan de Ely and Simon de Ely. Father Saloman, mother Amy. Prior of Ely and was commonly called John of Ely. Prov. 5X18 June 1299. Consecrated by the Archbishop of Winchelsea at Canterbury Cathedral on 15 November 1299. In 1320 he was made Chancellor of England. Built the great hall in the Bishop's palace. Died at Folkestan Priory in Kent. Died 6 July 1325.

Places

Norwich, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

clergyman; Bishop of Norwich

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/5439

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 21/11/2003 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC