Sub-fonds T/JH - Isolation Hospital

Reference code

T/JH

Title

Isolation Hospital

Date(s)

  • 1902-1935 (Creation)

Level of description

Sub-fonds

Extent and medium

6 pieces

Name of creator

(fl 1902-1935)

Administrative history

Buildings were erected c 1904 on land in the parish of St Mary's Thetford, Suffolk, adjoining the Bury Road and which was owned by the trustees of the St Peter's Fuel Allotments, 18a,1r, 18p of which land and buildings were leased in April 1905 to the Thetford UDC and RDC and to Brandon RDC for the purposes of establishing a small-pox isolation hospital. The leased land was immediately sub-let to a local farmer.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

Records of the joint smallpox hospital committee of Thetford Urban District Council, Thetford Rural District Council and Brandon Rural District Council. Includes: Minutes; Ledgers; Register of Smallpox cases; vouchers and miscellaneous records.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Status

Catalogued

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places