Aperçu avant impression Fermer

Affichage de 2223653 résultats

Description archivistique
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

1446731 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Photographs of Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, North Norfolk and elsewhere in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, taken by Phillip Bartlett, ex-head of the art department at the Technical High School in Great Yarmouth/Gorleston, and related papers

  • MC 2952
  • Fonds
  • 1954-1981

Colour slide transparencies of 35mm format from several original sets of photographs taken at various times.
Also includes a monochrome print of a panorama photograph of the staff and pupils of the Technical High School, Great Yarmouth in 1957; a press-cutting obituary of John Parkin, ex-headmaster of the Technical High School from c 1944 to 1965, nd [Sep 1975]; commemorative brochure relating to the formal opening of the Technical High School, Great Yarmouth, 1954; photographs of the Technical High School, Great Yamouth, nd [c 1954]; and a photograph of St Nicholas parish church, Great Yarmouth, 1956.

Phillip Bartlett; 1928-2013; teacher; Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, and Bingley, West Yorkshire

Deed packet

Deed packet containing feoffment of the Old Meeting House, vestry and burial ground of the Unitarian Church, Middlesgate, Great Yarmouth, by which the number of Trustees was made eighteen and also contains a declaration of Trust as to the sacramental plate and other effects. Enrolled on 18 June 1831.

Sale particulars of furniture, paintings and other contents of Windsor House, 3 Newmarket Road, Norwich

  • MC 2964, 1022X9
  • Fonds
  • 1923

To be sold by auction by S. Mealing and Co. (on instructions of Executors of R.G. Bagshaw, esq., deceased) on 1 May 1923. Printed by F.W. Harrison, Upper Goat Lane, Norwich.
For the sale particulars relating to Windsor House itself and its surrounding garden see BR 241/4/523. This sale took place on 27 April 1923, just a few days before the sale of the contents on 1 May 1923.
According to Arthur J. Cleveland in 'A History of the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital from 1900 to the end of 1946' (Norwich, 1948): 'The nurses were accommodated in the Leicester Home (opened in 1903 by the Countess of Leicester) and, as their numbers rose, in Windsor House, 3 Newmarket Road (purchased in 1923 to house 24 night nurses) and in hutments in its garden. In 1932 the situation was much improved when H.M. the Queen opened Queen Alexandra House, which had accommodation for 103 nurses.'

Norfolk and Norwich Hospital; 1771-2001

Résultats 1 à 15 sur 2223653