Print preview Close

Showing 856 results

Archival description
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Ferry rights: deeds and papers

Early title deeds to ferry rights, 1286-1379, counterpart leases by the Mayor and burgesses, 1615-1721, deeds relating to ferry rights leased for 99 years following the bankruptcy in 1731 of the previous lessee, John Turner, 1733-42, leases by the Mayor and burgesses, 1834-1924, and related estate and suit papers, 1615-1934.

Grant by William Cresy of Shirford [Shereford], son of Thomas Cresy, to John Harebotyll of Hempton, his wife Rose, Edmund Smythe and John Ede, both of Hempton, with also the appointment of William’s attorney, Thomas Hatton of Shereford to deliver seisin (in the above premises) to John and Rose Harebotyll with Edmund Smythe.

Of half an acre of arable land at Merketgate between land of John Webster to the west, land of Oliver Davy to the east and abutting on the highway called M[er]ketgate to the north
Which half-acre, William, with his father Thomas had by the feoffment of William Stevyn and his wife Cecily of Shereford and which was dated at Shereford in the feast of St Lucy the Virgin 16 Hen VI [13 Dec 1437].

Mortgages

Mortgages by Erasmus Earle to Daniel Durrant, gent., of two capital messuages or farms in Heydon, 1722; by William Bulwer, esq., to Thomas Newton, esq., of farm cont. 21.5a. in Ingham and lands and marshes in Ingham, Stalham and Sutton, 1737, assigned to William Payne, gent., 1739, and Henry Sparke Patteson, 1742; by W.W. Bulwer to Roger Pratt, esq., of farmhouse called Guestwick Hall, 207a. grazing ground called Murdochs and Becks in Guestwick, and tithe on same, 1759.

Results 1 to 15 of 856