Print preview Close

Showing 421 results

Archival description
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Acle

Includes insets of Acle Marsh boundaries. Map: certified copy, 1930, of map dated 1799, no scale. 83 by 99.

Alburgh and Wortwell

Award: 1803 (photostat). Maps (2): Alburgh, nd, 1 inch: 6 chains, 60 by 119 (photostat); Wortwell, nd, 1 inch: 5 chains, 84 by 98 (photostat). Surveyor: Bailey Bird of Norwich.

Aldeby

Award: 1810 (photostat). Map: 1810 (areas inclosed only with correcting roads and names of adjacent landowners) 1 inch: 5.5 chains (photostat). Two manors are named in Aldeby, with rights of soil: Aldeby Priory, the Dean and Chapter of Norwich being lords, and Aldeby Hall, the trustees of Ampton charity being lords [Ampton School, Suffolk].
The map shows that the manor of [Wheatcre] Uphall nuper Langley extended into this parish.

Ashby St Mary and Hellington

Award: 1840. Maps (2): Ashby St Mary, nd, 1 inch: 3 chains, 74 by 98; Hellington, nd, 1 inch: 3 chains, 70 by 113. Surveyor: William Butcher of Norwich. The maps indicate that the manors of Hellington, Claxton, Langley, Bastwicks in Carleton, Thurton all extended into Ashby St Mary, and Claxton also extended into Hellington.

Attleborough

Map: certified copy, 1930, of map dated 1815, 1 inch: 8 chains, 78 by 115. Includes inset detail of Attleborough Town, 1 inch: 3 chains. Surveyor: Thomas Denton of Staines, Co. Middlesex.

Bale

Award: 1813. Map: 1813, 1 inch: 4.5 chains, 92 by 70. Surveyor: Charles Burcham of Holt. Act: 1811.
According to the Award , Burrell has lately purchased the manor of Bathley otherwise Bale Nogeons and Thorpes from the trustees of the late William Gay. No other manors are named on the Inclosure Map as extending into this parish.

Barford

Award: 1816. Map: 1816, 1 inch: 5 chains, 68 by 85. Surveyor: Robert Corby of Kirstead. The map indicates land copyhold of the manor of Barford Hall with Soame Hall and of the manor of Costessey on the part of Barford, Wramplingham and Carleton. The award indicates that the manor of Little Brandon extended into the parish of Barford.

Results 1 to 15 of 421