Showing 260801 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Title of Thomas Clark to a messuage and adjoining garden in Ickburgh, abutting north onto a bierway and south onto the highway

Thomas Snelling purchased the property in 1663 from William Bryand and sold it to John Plummer in 1672. It then passed Plummer/Moy/Clark/Lambert. In 1740, Robert Lambert devised his house and garden to his wife, Mary, for life and then to his 'kinsman', Robert Arnall. By 1761, it was the property of Thomas Clark who then, in 1761, sold it to James Nelthorpe.
Documents include copy of court roll (Honour of Clare) admission of Robert Lambert, 1723, and original will of Robert Lambord [Lambert], 1740.

Title of Thomas, Duke of Norfolk, to Abbey Farm [the site of the dissolved monastery in Thetford], the Manor of Hallwick, various sheepwalks, Castle Hill or Castle Yard, a parcel of ground called Aldercarr, a meadow by Milford Bridge, and the site of the late Austin friars, all in Thetford

In 1607, Castle Hill Yard, the Aldercarr and the meadow by Milford Bridge were sold by Sir Edward Clere to John Holland of Kenninghall. In 1638, these properties and the Abbey site and the Manor of Halwick were leased for 99 years by the Right Hon. Thomas, Earl of Arundel and Surrey and others to Thomas Marsham. The lease then passed Marsham/Kendall/Kerrington until, in 1718, Roger Kerrington's widow and executrix of his will assigned the remainder of the term of 99 years over to the freehold owner, then the Duke of Norfolk.

Documents include a covenant by John Kendall to keep the manor court of Halwicke Manor at the Abbey [Farm] in Thetford [during his tenancy], 1653, copy will of John Kendall of Linford House, gentleman (proved 1672), nd [18th century] and copy will (dated 1702) of Roger Kerrington of Rougham, Suffolk, gentleman, 1719.

Resultaten 1 tot 15 van 260801