Showing 11435 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Deeds of property ultimately described as eight enclosures of arable land and meadow containing 14a. called the Pound Pieces, near footpath from Diss Common to Cockstreet and near the River Waveney.

Of these an enclosure of 0.5a. lying at the Moore opposite St Appolyns Crosse, copyholder of the manor of Diss Rectory, was surrendered by Edmund Anour to Robert Chyttyng in 1531 and in 1598 it passed from John Estaugh to William Manning jun. Salters Meadow otherwise Salters Fenn with pightle and ditch, copyhold of same manor, was surrendered by Robert Fuller alias Garbysham to John Fuller in 1544 and passed Fuller - Cowper - Makyn - Manning. In 1619 William Manning was admitted to both properties on the death of his father William. They then passed Manning - Le Grys - Atkinson - Heath - Ward - Proctor - Wiseman. The residue was copyhold of the manor of Diss with Members. Part was surrendered by Elizabeth Gardiner, widow, to Benjamin Wiseman in 1749 and part by John Stannard to Wiseman in 1759. In 1780 James Newson acquired the whole property from Edward Sheriffe Wiseman who conveyed it in 1812 to Meadows Taylor. Documents include agreement to make ditch, 1714, 18th century note re exorbitant manor court fine, sale particular of 1810 dwellinghouse and other property of Benjamin Wiseman at Diss, lease for one year to James Newson, 1814, copy of Diss Inclosure Act, 1814, notice of meeting to discuss lowering bed of River Waveney between Lopham Fen and the junction of Frenze River and building carriage bridge at Cockstreet, 1815, note of contents of Three Corner Allotment near the Pound, 1816, (Robert Woodward, surveyor).

Meadows Taylor; 1755-1842; attorney; Diss, Norfolk

Deeds relating to Starston, Harleston and Redenhall

Loose deeds, possibly from more than one bundle. Parties include Baron, Cooke, Frere, Burton, Cooper, Fuller, Sewell, Tasburgh.
Includes: a bundle of deeds relating to the Frere estates and a purchase by Tobias Frere the elder of Redenhall with Harleston, esq., from Jeffrey Cooke of Helmingham (Suffolk), yeoman, 4 May 1655, of land in Starston, endorsed 'these with the rest for my daughter Susanna' (with an annex that Tobias Frere the elder was placing his son, Tobias Frere the younger of Redenhall with Harleston, gent., in his stead), with acquitances; and a sale particular of an old-established currier and leather cutter's shop, beer shop, dwelling houses and land at Harleston and Redenhall, 11 April 1838, no plan, but annotated with notes re purchase.

Deeds of Drury House and adjoining premises.

In 1616-1618 by five different mortgages Roger Drury, Esq., leased to John Yarner and Hamond Claxton for terms of 100, 22, 22, 99 and 1000 years part of the late dissolved House of Black Friars in the Southend of Yarmouth with houses, fishhouses, barfehouses, stables, gardens etc. The mortgages were not redeemed and subsequent titles were in the form of assignments of the terms created by them. In 1617 Yarner assigned to John Barne, clerk, and in 1629 both Barne's and Claxton's interests were acquired by John Wilde, merchant, who in 1634 conveyed the property following the marriage of his son Thomas to Elizabeth Chamber. Thomas's second wife Judith Cooper devised it to her son-in-law Richard Ferrier. In 1740 Elizabeth Ferrier, widow, sold it to Samuel Killett, merchant, the property then being described as a capital messuage with fishhouses, barfehouses, malthouses, corn chambers, kilns, dryhouses etc. with quay W. In 1750 Killett's effects were assigned to use of creditors and in 1751 the property was purchased by John Smith, Esq., who devised it to Robert Hales. Subsequent purchasers were Anthony Taylor, Esq., 1777 and Jacob Preston, shipwright, 1777. In 1855 part of the premises (described as two dwellinghouses, a shipbuilding yard and wharf, and granary and wine vault with net chambers over) were sold by the trustees of John Preston, deceased, to John Goram Thompson. In 1711 a messuage with fishhouses, barfehouses, warehouses etc. was added by Richard Ferrier by purchase from Nathaniel Symonds, jun., and in 1719 Ferrier bought two fee farm rents called Yarmouth Brotherhood (1s.8d.) and Brotherhood Lease (1s. 6.5d.) charged on the property.
In 1790 Jacob Preston added ground and a dock bought from William Fisher, Esq., (part of a property rebuilt in 1721 of which the title is taken back to 1593), in 1795 he sold malthouses and other buildings to Philip Mouse, and also in 1795 he purchased a malthouse with corn chambers etc. and a wine vault and granary, near Garden Lane, from Anthony Taylor's administrator, and in 1800 he bought from William Manning, Esq., a quay or wharf lately belonging to a malthouse and fish house, all adjoining the main properties. In 1828 the whole was described as a capital messuage, two newly-built tenements, a tenement or cottage, several quays and wharves, a dockyard, and a granary and wine vault; the Oil Mill Yard is mentioned as an abuttal.
Documents include copy wills and will extracts of Judith Wilde dated 1680, Richard Ferrier, sen., dated 1695, James Symonds, merchant, dated 1684, Elizabeth Symonds dated 1696, Richard Ferrier dated 1731, and John Smith dated 1754; sale particular, 1855; and purchaser's bills, 1856 inc. from [? F.] S. Hulley architect for surveying work. 1616-1856.
Found with the above, further mortgage by Henry Hastings to William Steward, Esq., of walled-in garden with cottage and walled in garden with summerhouse near the road from Mr Colby's Gates and the Town Wall, 1829 and Phoenix fire insurance policy on eight dwellinghouses on the Denes belonging to Hastings, 1836; extract from will of Thomas Willcock Howes dated 1840; and printed report on financial state of the Evangelical Church of Lyons, 1840.

Various Seventeenth century Saham Toney deeds and later papers relating to the said manor

Lease between William Blake, tailor, of Saham Toney and Roger Parrish of Swaffham for a messuage and lands in Saham Toney, 21 June 1648. Bond of obligation between William Blake and Roger Parrish ,with hanging seal, 21 June 1648. Lease and release 24-25 Jan 1692 between John Buckle and Mary Barker for messuage in Saham Toney (with bond of obligation in Latin, with seal)- 3 items. Deed between Mary Barker and Charles Swann and Henry Forby for messuage and outbuildings in Saham Toney , 2? December 1706 [date partially obscured by damage]. Bargain and sale between Edward Parrish, son of Roger Parrish, and Arthur Webster of Sahem Toney of four rooms with chimney to be built,4 Jun 1677. Memorandum of Thomas Bromsby of Gayton Thorp Norfolk relating to a copyhold estate lying in Ashill and Saham Toney to be held by Thomas Forby, 29 Oct 1715. Letter and forms for Saham Toney Rectory and manor of Saham Toney relating to extinguishment of manorial incidents, rents, amounts paid to the Governors of Queen Ann's Bounty for enfranchisements, 1923-34. Sale particulars for an estate belonging to the late James Crowe in Saham Toney, Ashill, Ovington, Houghtons and Shipdham, auction held 10 Sep 1808. Saham Toney Inclosure: State of Claims 1797, (5 papers)

Miscellaneous Papers

Summary of defendant's case in dispute between Sir Nevill Catelyn plaintiff vs Edmund Bunfellowe defendant concerning whether Ellingham Meadowe was town land belonging to the parish of Ellingham, nd [c 1690s]. Abstract of title of Anthony Fiske to a messuage called Dawbers Stath and 8a. in Ellingham, 1720-1740. Agreement of John and Samuel Kent with Anthony Fiske for conveyance of two third parts of a messuage in Ellingham and land belonging in Ellingham and Kirby Cane, 1784. Conveyance by the Trustees of Ellingham and Kirby Cane Town Estate to Richard Pearce of 2 pieces containing 7a. 3r. 18p. in Ellingham adjoining the road between Bungay and Geldeston (shown on plan), 1878, with Charity Commissioners' order for sale of Henry Bonfellow's Charity or the Partable Lands, 1878, and sale particular, 1878.
Order by Justices of the Peace to the Ellingham Overseers to pay maintenance to the county lunatic asylum for Lucy Ann Halls, 1840.
Mortgage by George Brown to James Copeman of the east end of a cottage in Stockton with the garden and a piece of land abutting the highway between Stockton Church and the Stockton Black boy to the north, 1845.
Insurance policy of Richard Pearce of Stockton for house, stable, barn and cow house, 1853. Lease by William Bouverie to Mrs Charlotte Todd and her father Richard Pearce of a farm of 103a. late of Robert Todd and of land late of Joseph Farrall of 40a. 1r. 15p. all in Denton for 8 years, 1868. Copy will of Richard Pearce of Stockton (later Denton) farmer made 1871, accounts for sale of goods of Pearce at Old Hall Farm, Stockton, 1887, inventory of goods and executors' accounts, 1888.
Copy will of John Warner of Norwich, including bequest to parish of Denton, 1649.
Enfranchisement deeds, Lords of the Manors of Denton Rectory, of Holbrooke otherwise Alburgh and of Topcroft with Denton to William Bouverie, 1859-1867.
Sale particular of a butcher's premises in Pulham St Mary Magdalen (purchased by A.R Todd) and a blacksmith's shop, cottages and small farm at Pulham, Harleston and Dickleburgh, 1919.

Deeds concerning the Manor of Shimpling and the advowson of Shimpling

Grant by John and James Mott to Robert and Sarah Procter of the manor of Shimpling lately called Shimpling Shardelowes with Ellinghams, now Aldhams with the advowson of Shimpling church, 1650. Grants of advowson by John Buxton to Charles Harrison, 1785, by Henry Harrison to Philip Harrison, 1820, by B.L. Chapman, R.T. Frere, Miss J.D. Harrison and others to William Salter Millard, 1851, and by Millard to Revd Jeffery Watson Millard, 1855. With two copies of sale particular of advowson, 1850, one with contract of sale to William Salter Millard.

Various papers

Unexecuted agreement between Lieutenant-Colonel Henry Wynde and Nicholas Hamond re purchase by the latter, from the trustees for the sale of delinquents' estates, of the Place with appurtenances in South and North Wootton and Gaywood 1653, and copy order for sale of same estate (part of Lord Craven's possessions, Wynde being mortgagee only) to Hamond, 1653/4; account of money disbursed by Hamond about same estate, 1659; papers in suit Edward Stephens gent. vs William Skynner, William Robinson and others trustees for sale of same estate, Stephens claiming contract of sale prior to Hamond's, 1659; draft receipts for rent 1678. On dorse account for rabbits, taxes and farm work including 'a day at moke cart'; Acknowledgment by C. Herriott of £20 rent from Anthony Hamond as heir to Edmund and Richard Hamond 1721; South Wootton manor quitrent receipts and surrenders 1721-27 and order of Captain James Rolfe to pay Dr Charles Harryot £40 on Sir Robert Walpole's account 1721; letter from Richard Lynch to Attorney Underwood with copy report in suit re raising sums for children of Dr Herriott, Anthony Hamond having agreed to purchase part of his estate, 1727; illiterate letter from Mary Herriott requesting rent, with receipt, 1727; letter from John Greene, South Wootton, to John Greene, brewer at Lynn, re purchase by Hamond of the Widow Beloe's house, 1730; Printed sale particular of three messuages and two tenements at Shernborne 1805 with notes of state of buildings and how to divide the lots to create votes; epitome of wills and codicils of Anthony Hamond 1807 and 1819-21; epitome of Limitations in settlement on the Grimston and Congham estates 1810. Epitome of Philip Hamond's will (d 1824) (HMN 2/3/14) Unfit for production; Bonds for payments by Richard and Philip Hamond to John Gurney jun. 1807 and by Philip and by Robert Hamond clerk to Richard Gurney and others bankers 1810 with accounts 1818; Draft Case for Opinion on payment of legacy duty on the estate of Richard Hamond domiciled in Holland following a quarrel with his father Anthony and as he was 'much addicted to hawk-sporting - an amusement he had the opportunity of enjoying to the greatest advantage at Valkenswaard', 1846; Married Woman's acknowledgement by Elizabeth Jeffery of conveyance in which Anthony and Robert Hamond were also parties 1850.

Miscellaneous estate and copyhold papers

Inc. extract from Chancery decree re Kerdiston wastes, 1656, extent of estate of James Mackerell, esq., in Wood Dalling, Heydon and Corpusty, 1739, valor of the Heydon estate, 1781, receipt by Edward Bulwer for legacy from Peter Barett, 1793, sale particular of Mr Alpe's farm at Heydon, 1796, rental of manor of Briston Mautbies, 1798, letter from Captain P.J. Money re enclosure of waste near his premises at Heydon, 1802, summary of timber sold by the Estate, 1793-1804, papers re the late W.E. Bulwer's mortgages and debts, notice against unqualified persons sporting on the Estate manors, 1809.

Deeds relating to property in Caister

Including mortgages by Sir William Paston to William Crowe of manor of Pastons Bardolphs and Castor Pastons with lands in Caister, 1659; conveyance to William Crowe and Thomas Bransby, 1660; settlement by John Bedingfeld to William Drake and others on intended marriage of Judith Bedingfeld and Sir John Rous, 23 May 1749 (the Caister property having passed to Bedingfeld under will of his uncle Roger Crowe, 1721): exchanges of land between Bedingfeld and Philip Nuthall, 1759 and between Bedingfeld and John Feilden, 1763; surrender by Revd Edward Lockwood and his wife (being late relict of Sir John Rous of Henham) to Sir John Rous of her life estate in manor of Caister, 6 May 1791; conveyance by Sir John Rous to William Burton of Caister Hall Farm, 10 October 1791; sale particular for Caister Hall estate, 14 July 1852 (plan in sale particular); abstract of title of Samuel Gurney Buxton and Edward North Buxton to Caister Castle estate, 1899.

Deeds of Poringland Mill on Poringland Heath described in a conveyance of 1836 as a brick tower windmill, and of a messuage and other buildings and land, described in a copy Recovery of 1736 as containing 4 messuages, 2 tofts, 1 windmill, 3 gardens, 60 acres of pasture, 70 acres of marsh, 100 acres of land, 25 acres of corn and 10 acres of furze and heath in Stoke Holy Cross, Framingham Pigot, Framingham Earl, Great and Little Poringland, [? Saxlingham] Thorpe, Thorpe next Haddiscoe, Haddiscoe, Thurlton, Aldeby, Toft Monks, Reedham, Bramerton and Norton Subcourse.

It was conveyed from Watts to Robert Goodrum in Trust for J.J. Colman in 1891 and to R.J. Colman in 1898. Documents include an Extract of Will of Francis London, 1659 (unfit for production), extract of Will of Edward Nethercoat, 1771, copy Will and Codicil of Henry Reynolds, 1848, and draft copy Will and Codicil of John Wright, 1849, bonds, mortgage deeds, limited administration of the effects of Thomas Buttifant, 1837, Sales Particulars, 1879, describing a brick and tiled dwellinghouse as well as the windmill with plan and Abstracts of Title, 1659-1820, 1799-1823, 1830-1835, 1836-1860 and 1848-1891. A conveyance of 1836 describes the mill as being formerly used as a granary and now used as a schoolroom. Parties in earlier deeds are Beales, Castell, Lady Bacon, Crockett, Berney, Wilmot, de Hague, Denton, Fuller, Batchelder, Cady, Corke, Spratt, Bokenham, Athill, Ewen, Burrell, Turner, Smith, Osborn, Heath, Woolterton, Lock, Robinson, Parker, Elenwood, Dye and Chapman.

Miscellaneous

Eighteenth century extracts from the book of customs of the manor of Attleburgh, 1661; extracts from rentals, 1768-1770; letters from William Algar concerning the Tippin family copyhold, 1780; copy of draft lease and licence to build a windmill, 1789, annotated sale particulars, 1795.

Resultaten 1 tot 15 van 11435