Mostrar 48 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

C.J. Upcher, Architect's Plans

  • BR 37
  • Arquivo
  • 1871-1970

Plans and Drawings of Norfolk Churches and Other Buildings

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Plans for alterations to the east end of Hempstead by Holt church

Comprises plan, sections and elevations for suggested alterations to the east end of the church, architect John Page of Fakenham, scale 1 inch: 4 feet, 1920; plan, sections and elevations of proposed new sanctuary, architect Cecil Upcher, scale 1/8th inch: 1 foot, 1928.
Following the First World War, money was raised (probably originally as a war memorial) to improve the east end of the church, the chancel having been removed at some point between 1831 and 1870. Most of the money came from Sir Alfred Jodrell of Letheringsett, but the parishioners objected to the rood screen which was included in the plans drawn up in 1920. Eventually, Jodrell suggested that a romanesque thatched apse should be added to the church, and that it should be bow shaped to accommodate the memorial window which had been inserted at the east end during the 1870s restoration of the church. Plans were accordingly drawn up by the architect, Cecil Upcher.

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Pull's Ferry restoration scrapbook, folio 14r.

Two interior photographs of Pull's Ferry before restoration, marked in the scrapbook as 'ground floor back office: original fireplace and cupboard in grill found above behind paper (MC 2060/1/26/1): looking through to hall and front door (MC 2060/1/26/2)'.

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Pull's Ferry restoration scrapbook, folio 15v.

Two interior photographs of Pull's Ferry before restoration, described in scrapbook as 'front office 1st floor, looking through to landing door now blocked - new door (with arrow pointing to right side of photograph) formed off staircase - coved ceiling (MC 2060/1/29/1)' and 'front office 1st floor (MC 2060/1/29/2)'.

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Pull's Ferry restoration scrapbook, folio 13v.

Three interior photographs of Pull's Ferry before restoration, marked in scrapbook as 'ground floor front office: the window and corner fire (MC 2060/1/25/1): looking through to front door and original hall (MC 2060/1/25/2): original front door (MC 2060/1/25/3)'.

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Pull's Ferry restoration scrapbook, folio 14v.

Two interior photographs of Pull's Ferry before restoration, marked in the scrapbook as 'original larder, now staircase and hall (MC 2060/1/27/1)' and 'small room over larder, now the staircase (MC 2060/1/27/2)'.

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Pull's Ferry restoration scrapbook, folio 15r.

Two interior photographs of Pull's Ferry before restoration, marked in scrapbook as 'original staircase and landing, looking through to oriel window in front office 1st floor. Door now blocked and partition on right removed (MC 2060/1/28/1)' and 'back office, 1st floor, looking through from old landing, partition now removed (MC 2060/1/28/2)'.

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Pull's Ferry restoration scrapbook, folio 4r

A postcard showing Pull's Ferry from the east after restoration of the watergate and an exterior photograph also taken from the east showing Pull's Ferry prior to the restoration of the watergate but after the restoration of the dwelling house.

Cecil J. Upcher; 1884-1972; architect; Norwich, Norwich, Barnham Broom, Norfolk

Resultados 1 a 15 de 48