- ACC 2004/76
Plans of alterations and additions to Diss courthouse.
Includes architectural and other drawings including reconstruction of the medieval Jewish quarter of Norwich.
Plans, elevations and sections of Kelling Sanatorium by A. Randall Wells, architect, 1 Trinity Street, Hastings:
Plan II - plans of new wing, June 1905.
Scale: 1/8 inch to 1 foot.
Plan III - elevations of new wing, June 1905.
Scale: 1/8 inch to 1 foot.
Plan V - plans, elevations and sections of details of West and Middle Block and of patients' bedrooms, .
Scale: ½ inch to 1 foot.
Plan unnumbered - plans, elevations and sections of Chapel, .
Scale: ¼ inch to 1 foot.
Fait partie de Kessingland ecclesiastical parish additional records
Church Centre committee minute book, 17 Apr 1971-16 Mar 1997; papers relating to Church Centre, 1961-1967; Church Centre documents relating to public entertainments licensing, 1996-2003; papers relating to building of Church Centre, 1962-1965; premises' licence papers, 2003.
Includes architectural and design drawings (predominantly 1960 onwards), and additional photographs and slides relating to Norfolk churches, 1967 and nd, and Worcester Cathedral crypt, 1986.
Colin Ivor Michael Shewring; 1924-1995; architect; King's Lynn, Norfolk
Fait partie de Bradwell Parish Records additional
Shows railway tracks on the Carrow site.
Includes school books, 1785-1830s; farm accounts, 1830s; bank account books, 1894-1945; ration books, 1918, 1952-1954; tithe composition book, 1760s-1770s; Kelling Hall estate sale particular, 1864; maps and plans of Thurgarton and area, 1845-mid 20th century.
List of documents provided by the depositor when the documents were transferred to Norfolk Record Office:
School book belonging to William Spurrell (1774-1827) of Thurgarton, dated 1785
School book belonging to William Spurrell (1774-1827) of Thurgarton, dated 1792
School book belonging to William Spurrell (1774-1827) of Thurgarton, dated 1792, later used for copies of letters and other notes
School book probably belonging to William Spurrell (1774-1827) of Thurgarton, later used as an account book (includes various letters and other papers relating to the Thurgarton farm business)
School book belonging to Frances Dewing (1778-1843), dated 1794
School book belonging to William Dewing Spurrell (1803-1880) of Thurgarton, dated 1818
School book belonging to William Dewing Spurrell (1803-1880) of Thurgarton, dated c. 1818
School book from Pottergate Street Academy, Norwich, from the 1830s with copies of letters written by Richard James Spurrell (1819-1892)
Farm account book dating from the 1830s probably belonging to William Dewing Spurrell (1803-1880) of Thurgarton
Messrs Gurneys, Birkbecks, Barclay and Buxton bank accounts belonging to Richard James Spurrell (1819-1896) of Thurgarton, dated 1894-1896
Messrs Gurneys, Birkbecks, Barclay and Buxton bank accounts belonging to Richard James Spurrell (1862-1933) of Thurgarton, dated 1896-1903
Papers belonging to Richard James Spurrell (1862-1933) of Thurgarton and his son George Richard Spurrell (1906-1986) of Thurgarton
Papers belonging to Gertrude Spurrell (1871-1961), including letters from banks and solicitors and her birth certificate
Ration books belonging to Richard James Spurrell (1862-1933), Gertrude Spurrell (1871-1961) and George Richard Spurrell (1906-1986) of Thurgarton dated 1918, and ration books belonging to George Richard Spurrell (1906-1986) and Lilian Susan Spurrell (1907-1996) of Thurgarton dated 1952-1954
Barclays Bank accounts belonging to Gertrude Spurrell (1871-1961), dated 1933-1940
Barclays Bank accounts belonging to Gertrude Spurrell (1871-1961), dated 1940-1945
Miscellaneous papers, letters mostly belonging to the Spurrell family of Thurgarton, 1800s
Book containing details of rentals of church lands in Stratton St. Michael in the 1760s and 1770s
Baconsthorpe, Gresham, Town Barningham, North Barningham, Barningham Parva, Aylmerton-cum-Runton, West with East Beckham and Hempstead parish magazine, January 1896
Sales particulars for Kelling Hall Estate, dated 1864, including a map, as well as a map of land for sale at Salthouse Marshes (the latter was purchased by William Dewing Spurrell (1803-1880) of Thurgarton)
Map of an estate in Hanworth, Roughton, Alby, Thurgarton, Sustead, Metton, Bessingham and Gresham sold by auction in 1845
Map showing land in Sustead, including Sustead Old Hall, which was purchased by Richard James Spurrell from the Felbrigg estate in the 1880s
Plan showing proposed alterations to a house in Sustead (probably Willow Cottage), undated
Plan showing proposed alterations to Thurgarton House (then known as Thurgarton Old Hall), dated 1949
Coloured Ordnance Survey map XIX 5 of Gresham, dated 1886
Coloured Ordnance Survey map XIX 10 of Sustead and Metton, dated 1886
Coloured Ordnance Survey map XIX 13 of Aldborough and Thurgarton, dated 1886
Coloured Ordnance Survey map XIX 14 of Thurgarton and Hanworth, dated 1886
Bundle of black and white Ordnance Survey maps (references cut off) showing Gresham, Bessingham, Thurgarton and Sustead, probably dated 1886. Paper soft and crumbling along edge - Unfit for production.
Black and white aerial map of Bessingham, Thurgarton and Sustead, mid-20th century
Sustead tithe map (copy No. 2), dated 1849
Map of estate in Gresham and Sustead belonging to Charlotte Critoph, undated (but possibly mid-19th century, when William Dewing Spurrell (1803-1880) of Thurgarton purchased the land) Torn in two pieces.
Hand-drawn map of Thurgarton showing land owned by Richard James Spurrell (1819-1896), late William Dewing Spurrell (1803-1880)
Spurrell family; 1770s-20th century; Thurgarton, Norfolk
Fait partie de Records of the Purdy family of Woodgate, Aylsham
Aylsham: other properties and papers
Copy of Terrier of the Parsonage house and glebe lands belonging to the Impropriation of Aylsham and also how the partable lands of the vicar (Mr Jonathan Wrench) and Mr Thomas Coulson the Impropriator are divided. (Details the acreages in each close on two Soames farms near Cawston Road and Cawston Heath and how they are split) (1 paper) Aug 1720
Land tax assessment for Aylsham 1737 (with 1737 assessment for Burgh next Aylsham folded inside) (2 papers) 1737
Sketch 'A Plan of Parsonage Land situate in Aylsham ... belonging to the Parish of Buxton ... taken 1793' with key to fields. Shows cottages and lands owned by Buxton parish poor trustees. [The original has not yet been found.] Pencil on tracing paper. Watermarked 1884 (small item placed in modern envelope for safety)
Printed pages of Aylsham section of 1792 Universal British Directory (small item placed in modern envelope for safety) (Printed paper) 1792
Marriage settlement for Thomas Soame gent, a son of Samuel Soame gent of Aylsham, with Elizabeth Gay of Aylsham spinster. Samuel settles a messuage on road to Cawston and c 76 acres [now Sankence Lodge farm] (1 parchment) Nov 1724
Aylsham parish bounds, signed by Wm Repton (1 booklet) nd (watermarked 1806)
List of Aylsham population, for the census, listing head of household, numbers and ages of members and location of houses, compiled by William Morris, assistant overseer. [A second copy is in the Aylsham Town Archives and was published as Aylsham in 1821 by the Aylsham Local History Society in 1997.] (1 booklet) May 1821
Letter from G E ?Cain, Jesus College Cambridge to his college fellow Revd R A Rackham at Rackham's being presented with living of Whatfield rectory (1 letter) Oct 1832
Terrier of lands, as required by Poor Law Commissioners: Aylsham parish property for the use of the poor (inc Church rate land) with names of tenants and charity trustees. (Shows Cressy charity: the workhouse rented by the union (£68 pa) in 1836 but unoccupied 1837, pt occupied by Wade and Mash 1838, one cottage & garden built by Edw Platten his for life one cottage and garden. All Ayl Lancaster copyhold. Four cottages on hill called Alms yard supposed freehold. Porters & Snellings charity - three cottages adj Mr Wickes land (Ayl Wood copyhold). Town meadow (used for church rate); Town Houses (4 and shop) near the Anchor, supposed freehold.
[cf to C/GP 1 494 Union terrier for Aylsham parish entry; in both, property descriptions have been muddled between bequests] (1 volume) Mich 1836-Mich 1838
Cpt lease of Stonegate Farm and 96 acres for 12 years at £180 from Rev Robert Alfred Rackham of Suffolk to John Chapman of Aylsham. With tracing plan of lands and valuation notes inc Buxton poor land (not in lease). [now Stonegate Farm but not including Abbey Farm] (1 parchment) July 1860
Map of land at Aylsham occupied by Mr Richard Clarke [Spa Farm] surveyed by Wm Mileham of Aylsham with printed coloured key with 18 plots; abuttal Warnes execs .
[see Part 20 for larger version of same map] (1 rolled map) 1861
Sale particular of farming stock at Spa Farm Aylsham for RJW Purdy (1 paper) Oct 1898
Photograph of full stagecoach outside the Black Boys with 'Garner' sign on the inn. Note on reverse says Henry Garner landlord there 1865-74 (1 photograph) nd c 1874 (small item placed in modern envelope for safety)
Newscutting re vipers (Aylsham) BB Sapwell (1 newscutting) 1891 (small item placed in modern envelope for safety)
Small sketch showing a very small section of railway line, with a building. A road and a line 'produced from approach to Blickling Hall' give measurements, possibly for footpath change. [Location possibly near Middleton's Dole, Aylsham.]. Scale 12 inches to a mile. (tracing paper) nd (small item placed in modern envelope for safety)
Letter from Frederick Duleep Singh to RJW Purdy re unveiling of tablet to Christopher Layer in Aylsham (1 letter) 1908 (small item placed in modern envelope for safety)
Auction notice for household sale at Vicar Street, Wymondham, property of T A Rackham esq, annotated with sale prices. [Thomas Alfred Rackham died in summer 1912; his mother was Elizabeth Ann Saunders of Aylsham and father Rev Robert A Rackham had sold Stonegate farm in Aylsham to Robert Woods c 1867] (1 poster) Aug 1912
Schedule of Aylsham tithe rent charges 1921 and certificate of rentcharge (2 papers) Dec 1921
Sealed certificates of Aylsham tithe rentcharge, 31 Dec 1921 (annotated J E R Vicarial and Rectorial) 16 May 1922, 31 May 1922, 31 Dec 1922 (annotated TWP), 31 Dec 1923 (annotated Copeman: Butterfield garden and Mrs Edward. All impropriator.) See Part 23 (1-5) for altered apportionments. (5 parchments) 1921-1923
Aylsham Conservative Association: bundle of accounts and posters re fetes at Woodgate (1 bundle) 1928-1931
Envelope of cheques for expenses of Woodgate fetes 1927 and 1928 (1 envelope) Aug 1927-Aug 1928
Notice of assessment for drainage rates Spratts Green Farm, Aylsham (1 paper) 1931
Papers re T A Rackham estate legacy of timber to Purdy (1 envelope) 1933
Development value claim for 'John Soames mill stackwood close' (1 paper) 1950 (small item placed in modern envelope for safety)
Draft letter to 'John' re work at Spratts Green bungalow and application to the RDC for a grant. Written on paper dated Jan 1956 (1 paper) nd (c 1956)
Notes re rent of Spratts Green by Sq Leader G Churton Knowles (up to Aug 1956) and Fl Lt J M Preston June 1957 (1 file of papers) 1956-57
Plan and elevation of proposed Bull House for Mr Monk Cawston Road Aylsham by Hodgekiss & Son (Plan; tracing paper) nd [20th century]
Photograph of William Forster, solicitor in Market Place (1 photograph) nd [pre 1906]
Photographs of Rev Samuel Shepheard, vicar of Calthorpe, later RC chapel Aylsham and William Forster in churchyard (Mounted photos) nd [pre 1906]
Notes of exchequer bill 1669 re Fawcett and Purdy re vicarage tithes in Aylsham. Wm Purdy was farmer and miller in Aylsham. (1 paper) nd [modern] (small item placed in modern envelope for safety)
Tax letter re Purdy and Holley solicitors partnership to be deemed continuous through 1979 changes (1 letter) 1979 (small item placed in modern envelope for safety).
Keswick Mill conversion (folders); miscellaneous drawings (roll)
Peter Codling Architects; 1970-; architects; Norwich, Norfolk
Income taxes, receipts and invoices for dredging, and correspondence relating to the Key and Walker partnership, including drainage book Jun 1944-Dec 1954; reconstruction plans c 1934; dredger accounts, 1950s; diary and costs of dredging, 1951-1960.