Showing 1555 results

Archival description
Sub-fonds
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Town Clerk's Department

KL/TC 1: Council and committee minutes (1902 - 1974)

KL/TC 2: Committee minutes (1793 - 1955)

KL/TC 3: Burial board and committee minutes (1854 - 1902)

KL/TC 4: Port Sanitary committee minutes (1889 - 1903)

KL/TC 5: Council agenda (1877 - 1894)

KL/TC 6: Draft council and committee minutes (1911 -1957)

KL/TC 7: Registers of members disclosures and notices of motions (1947 - 1972)

KL/TC 8: Council attendance register (1948 - 1954)

KL/TC 9: Minutes of other (non-borough council) committees (1871 - 1945)

KL/TC 10: Poll books, electoral registers and burgess rolls (1834 - 1921)

KL/TC 11: Slum clearances (1934 - 1939)

KL/TC 12: General Correspondence Files (1898 - 1964)

KL/TC 13: Mayoral and Civic events (1812 - 1954)

KL/TC 14: Papers relating to the Mart (1919 - 1959)

KL/TC 15: Declarations and Oaths of Officers under Acts of Parliaments (1829 - 1969)

KL/TC 16: Declarations made under the Municipal Corporations Acts (1835 - 1980)

KL/TC 17: Grants of Arms (1935, 1970)

KL/TC 18: Schemes and instruments for the management of schools (1909-1953)

KL/TC 19: Byelaws (1830-1966)

KL/TC 20: Reports to committees (1837-1892)

KL/TC 21: Parliamentary elections (1827-1929)

KL/TC 22: Municipal and County Council elections (1870-1939)

King's Lynn Borough, Town Clerk's Department; ?-1974; King's Lynn, Norfolk

Documents relating to the country estates of God's House (aka St Giles' Hospital and later, the Great Hospital) and of other city hospitals and charities

Includes title deeds, counterpart agreements and leases and other records relating to the (mainly, country) estates (in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and elsewhere) of the several city hospitals and other charities, dating from the mid-13th to the mid 20th centuries. These documents were calendared by archivist, Miss Mary Grace in the mid-20th century and arranged loosely under parish (or, occasionally, groupings of parishes) but numbered through in one sequence. The Great Hospital's documents were listed first and were numbered from 1-1361, though numbers 634-663 inclusive were not used, and the sequence also excluded those deeds of the estates in Cringleford because these had already been calendared both by JC Tingey at the turn of the 20th century and by Frederick Johnson in the 1920s. Their handwritten calendars describing approximately 288 deeds of Cringleford estates are currently held with other manuscript finding aids and notes by past city archivists and antiquarians in NCR 29. The descriptions of the Cringleford deeds are in the process of being added to this catalogue, under sub-section 7, where they form a separately numbered series from the main sequential series.

Records for the Boys, Girls, Bethel, Doughty's and Cooks Hospitals and of other named city charities follow those of the Great Hospital in Miss Grace's sequence, and occasionally include suit papers and copies of wills, agreements and other foundation documents.

Title deeds and leases to St Giles' Hospital's (and perhaps to the other hospitals') estates in Norwich itself appear to have survived in NCR 4a, and specifically those concerning the precinct of St Giles' Hospital itself are listed in the group, NCR 4a/31 (for properties in the parish of St Helen's and St Giles in Holmstreet).

Great Hospital; c 1249-; Norwich, Norfolk

Results 1 to 15 of 1555