Deeds to property described in 1697-1805 as a messuage or tenement called the Artichoke, with garden, orchard and land belonging, containing 4 acres, between Broome Heath to the east and west and abutting the Ellingham-Bungay highway to the north; deeds of 1801-1805 also mention a newly-erected messuage or tenement of Charles Frost built on part of the land; deeds of 1807-1844 describe the property as the public house lately built by Charles Frost called the Artichoke with 2 newly built cottages at the north end, an oven projecting into a neighbouring messuage, and land at the back of the Artichoke, all bounded by the Bungay-Yarmouth road on north-west and containing 1 acre 3 roods 12 perches. Property was conveyed by Sir William Cooke to John Fuller in 1697 and via Thomas Beckett, Charles Frost, John Kerrich, Thomas Moore, Charles Moore (described as former metropolitan police constable but now bonnet manufacturer of New York) to William Crowfoot in 1844. With abstract of title, 1750-1828. The depositor believed that these deeds do not relate to the same building as the current Artichoke pub in Broome, which is located a short distance away from the original Artichoke public house. It seems, however, that the deeds may relate to both pubs, since deeds from 1801 onwards refer to a new building.