Showing 321 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Deeds, Enrolled
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Various Parishes

(1-5) Barmer
(1) Grant by Reginald son of Ralph de Bermer to Richard son of William de Backetorp of 1a. in fields of Barmer at Croshous, [early 13th century] (1 parchment)
(2) Grant in pure alms by Martin de Beremere to the church of St Mary of Rudham and the canons serving God there of the homage and allegiance of Luke son of Ralph de Bermere with his holding and his whole suit, [early 13th century] (1 parchment)
(3) Grant by John son of Thomas de Beremere to Robert de la Launde of Lynn of a piece of land in the fields of Barmer near the way from Barmer to Creake, [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(4) Grant by Petronilla Swethlok to Adam son of Simon le Ropere of a piece (also described as a place) of land measuring 12 by 14ft abutting her house (dated day of Augustine bishop 6 Edward the younger), [? 26 May 1313] (1 parchment)
(5) Grant by Robert at the town's end and Alice his wife to Adam son of John de Tylneye of 3½r. in the fields of Barmer, 16 June 1392 (1 parchment)
(6-7) Barwick
(6) Grant by Cecily Barnard widow of Barwick to John Barnesdell of same, Thomas Baxster and Henry Sariaunt of Stanhoe, Robert Feluppe and John Barnesdell of Barwick, and Thomas Cowpar and Thomas Bate of Stanhoe, of 2½a. in fields of Barwick, partly in croft of her messuage called Clarkes and partly in the east field of Barwick at Lampitt near way from Midylton to Creake, 15 Mar 1515 (1 parchment)
(7) Grant by Math. son of William de la Marche of Stanhoe to Richard (?son of) William de Midelton of messuage in street (vico) called Midelton and 7a. 2r. of which abuttals included Wdegate, Mideltonesende and Northmanesdele; and one penny rent from moiety of messuage and croft of John Molard, [late 13th century] (1 faded parchment)
(8-9) Burnham
(8) Grant in pure alms, for the soul of his father and all faithful departed, by Henry Capelein to St Mary and the canons of Coxford of half the church of St Mary of Burnham with the advowson, his father having given half the advowson, [12th century] (1 parchment)
(9) Grant by Peter son of Febrond the clerk of Burnham Thorpe to Ralph Faber son of Emma de Burnham his grandson (nepos), with power to sell except to a religious house, of a piece of land in the field of Burnham Thorpe que iacet in transverso uie regie, [12th century] (1 parchment)
(10-17) Docking
(10) Grant by William Davy of Stanhoe to Robert Gunwelle of same of 2a. arable land in the field of Docking near way from Docking to Burnham including one piece near land called Rysyng [VV.5], 7 Apr 1408 (1 parchment)
(11) Quitclaim in her widowhood by Cecily relict of Nicholas Sway of Docking to John Cok of Stanhoe of right by reason of dower in 3a. land in two pieces in the field of Docking, one at Gosewong near the highway from ?Middleton to Docking and the other abutting the parish boundary stone (lapidem purellam) [VV.6], 1294-5 (1 parchment)
(12) Mortgage in form of grant for term of 1,000 years by Hugh de Thorn to Roger Sleengede of Stanhoe of 2a. arable land in the field of Docking in Westeredele, repayment to begin on 24 June 1322 and reversion to grantor on payment of 50 shillings [VV.7], c 1322 (1 parchment)
(13) Grant by Hugh son of Richard Franke of Docking to William son of Christina de Docking of 1¾p. in the field of Docking near highway from Docking to Middelton and Wodegate, and the falsoken that he had in the name of his father in the vill and fields of Docking, rendering yearly a clove of gillyflower. Tuesday before St Ed. 9 Edward [VV.8], [?1280-1] (1 parchment)
(14) Grant by Walter de Calethorp to John Dankyn of Heacham of the wardship and marriage of Thomas son of Thomas Trystrem, claimed in respect of 9 acres of land in Docking that Thomas senior had held Sunday before St Luke [-] Edward III, 14th century (1 parchment)
(15) Grant by Laurence Gyn of Stanhoe to Roger de Nortune dwelling there of 1a. 1r. in field of Docking 'apud West vnder ye lig' apud Choslesty', ?24 Sep 1310 (1 parchment)
(16) Grant by Robert Aylone of Stanhoe to Roger Slugge of 1a. 1r. in fields of Docking at Stanhowehyl, 1 Dec 1307 (1 parchment)
(17) Grant by Ralph son of John le Taverner to John March of Stanhoe of 1a. 1r. in two pieces and one fifth part of a foldsoke in the fields of Docking formerly of John Taverner his father, on Stanhohill and near land that Robert de Hecham chaplain held to farm of Sir William la South, 9 Apr 1321 (1 parchment)
(18) Griston
(18) Grant by Thomas de Risigge of Griston to Andrew de Nethergate of 'Stanworde' (?Stanford) and Robert Bray of same of three half acres of his arable land in furlong called Wynescroft near Druriis Hevedlon[d], 16 Dec 1322 (1 parchment)
(19-21) Oxwick
(19) Quitclaim by William ?Rus of Oxwick, chaplain to Ralph de Oxewic, chaplain, of right in one penny rent from a piece of land in the fields of Oxwick at Russielond formerly of Alice, William's sister, who held it of him. Richard the writer of the deed a witness, [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(20) Grant by Nicholas Syger, parson of the church of Colkirk, to William, vicar of the churches of Weasenham, Richard, parson of the church of Oxwick, Thomas Gefrey of same and John de Dockyngg and the male heirs of his body of two messuages, a croft, and six acres of land (one of them with a ditch) in four pieces in Oxwick and one pasture meadow (pratum pasturale) in Colkirk. Abuttals in Oxwick include the churchyard, Blakelond, and Woderoues and in Colkirk the highway from Colkirk to Toftrees. He also conveys his tenants by the rod and their bodies, sequel, goods and chattels, the homage and service of free tenants with wards, reliefs etc., the advowson of Oxwick church, foldage, and free bull and boar. 1338-1339 (1 damaged parchment)
(21) Copy quitclaim by Robert Barsham gent., son of Thomas Barsham gent. deceased, to Thomas his brother, of right in messuage built and 3 acres formerly Harrington's on way called Castlemere, a cottage called Gentletchere, and a messuage called Veuteres, in Oxwick, bequeathed to the younger Thomas by the elder and excepted from conveyance of 20 April 1588 to John Athow gent. and Dorothy his wife (later Dorothy Athow widow of Brisley), whose daughter Mary Robert married, of the manor called Sigars in Oxwick, 3 July 1609 (paper)
(22-24) Syderstone
(22) Grant in her widowhood by Katerina formerly wife of Roger son of John de Sitisterne to Ed. Adelwald of South Creake, Margery his wife and James their son, of a piece of land in the field of Syderstone at le Howe. South Creake [VV.2], 20 Apr 1316 (1 parchment)
(23) Grant by Martin de Sithesterne son of Robert de Wyrkesope to Gilbert son of John de (?)Fakenham of 1a. 1r. in three pieces in the fields of Syderstone at Saybaldeswong, Hamerhil and Hosepit, [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(24) Grant by William Godewyne of Sidsterne to William his son of a piece of arable land of four acres at Bermeregate, 19 June 1322 (1 parchment)
(25-45) Stanford
(25) Grant by William de Bray to Robert son of John de Stanford of 2a. arable land in the fields of Stanford, paying ½d. to 20s. scutage when it arises, [early 13th century] (1 parchment)
(26) Grant by William de Mortuo Mari knight of Attleborough to Costantin his son of the manor of Stanford with fair and market, rendering to him £30 yearly. Witnesses include Guy Butturt and Alexander de Elinham knights and Master John de Huntingf', [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(27) Grant by Thomas le Bray and Edith his wife to Nicholas their son of lands, tenements and meadows amounting to 15a. of arable land and 3a. of meadow which at any time he or they had acquired according to charters of acquisition, which charters or muniments are to be kept by Nicholas at his peril, 17 Nov 1307 (1 parchment)
(28) Grant by William Carre, perpetual vicar of the church of Stanford, to Edmund Hamald and Roger Smalhac of a messuage built in the vill of Stanford, 24 Nov 1361 (1 parchment)
(29) Grant by John Sherere jun. to Adam Hunne of 3 pieces of arable land of 2½ a., 1a. and ½ a. in Millegate furlong, near Lampittes and in Lyngfurlong, 17 Mar 1381 (parchment`)
(30) Extent of lands held in villeinage by John Heryng of Stanford, 1388-1389 (1 parchment)
(31) Grant by Philip Sherere to Isabel his daughter of 6½a. scattered in the field of Langford, at Langford Hend and Holgate, 24 Oct 1408 (1 parchment)
(32) Quitclaim by Robert Halle to William Orfford, rector of the church of Shipdham, of right in land 'de Blaksmythis' in the fields of Stanford, 5 Feb 1461 (1 parchment)
(33) Agreement between Robert Smyth and Robert Halle and Agnes his wife that if Smyth grants one third part of a close called le Howe Bokynhams and 15a. in Stanford, and one third of a foldage, then the Halles will grant a messuage built in Stanford on le Westrete near le Brentzerd. If the Halls' son John makes claim or trouble Smyth is to re-enter, 12 Apr 1461 (1 parchment)
(34) Grant by Robert Smyth, clerk of Starston, to Robert Halle of Stanford and William [O]rford, clerk, of a close with dovehouse and 49a. 1r. arable land formerly John Greve's with liberty of one fold enclosed to the same, one third part of a close formerly Hugh de Bokenham's, one third of 71a. in Stanford and Little Buckenham, and liberty of a fold formerly of said Hugh, that Smyth and Thomas Bryn[-]ham had with William Sewale of Starston from John Mortoft of Itteringham on 22 Feb 30 Henry VI 'ex facto et non de iure Regis Anglie', 1452, 4 Oct 1461 (1 parchment)
(35) Grant by John Boor clerk, parson of the church of All Saints of Fransham, son of John Boor of Stanton, to John Smyth, Robert his son, Richard Methewold gent. of Langford, and William Bally of close called Townyshendyerd with croft of 6½a., 6a. in divers places in the fields of Stanford and 3s. 3½d. rent from his tenants (listed) there, 28 Oct 1460 (1 parchment)
(36) Agreement between Robert Halle and William Bally, Bally having sold to Halle a messuage built lately Robert Bally's and 11a. 1½r. arable land, that the conveyance will be void on failure of Halle to pay 13 marks at the rate of 13s. 4d. (one mark) yearly, 28 Sep 1467 (1 parchment)
(37) Receipt acknowledged by Simon Braye of Thetford and William Braye of London from William Thaxter of Stanford of 8 marks for all lands and tenements that were John Braye's then his son Simon's, 16 Sep 1493 (1 parchment)
(38) Demise by Henry Smithson, clerk, to Robert Halle of Stanford and Henry Heydon knight, Humphrey Catisby gent., James Swetman, citizen of London and fishmonger, John Bukton of Wilton, and Simon (?)Dasney of Mundford, of all lands, tenements etc. that were Andrew Grevys' of Buckenham lying in the fields of Stanford and Little Buckenham, had from Robert Halle on 20 Dec 1475, 20 Dec 1499 (1 parchment)
(39) Demise by Robert Halle of Stanford to Henry Smethson, clerk, of tenements, meadows, feedings, pastures, folds, rents and services formerly of Andrew Grevys of Buckenham in the fields of Stanford and Little Buckenham had 6 Nov 1498 from Isabella Plomer dwelling in Ely deceased, 20 Dec 1499 (1 parchment)
(40) Feoffment by Thomas Turnor of Stanford to his son Robert Turnor of Watton and Thomas Anger, to use of Thomas Turnor, of all his lands and tenements in Stanford had with Agnes lately wife of John Turnour and John Skynner now deceased from Thomas Pollard on 10 May 1486, 4 May 1502 (1 parchment)
(41) Demise by Thomas Jermyn esq. of Rushbrooke, Suff., and Robert Sexten of Lavenham to Henry Rolfe of West Tofts, Henry Symson, clerk, and William Racke of lands, tenements, rents and services had with William Rolffe of West Tofts deceased by gift of William Berfford and Thomas [illegible] on 1 April 1507, to hold to Henry Rolfe's use. William Purdy of West Tofts to deliver seisin, 6 Feb 1518 (1 parchment)
(42) Grant by John Maryett of Croxton to Christopher Clerk, clerk of Stanford, of messuage built and 2a. 2r. land in Stanford had from William Rolfe of West Tofts, Robert Thaxter of Stanford and William Clement now deceased from Robert Pollard of Watton on 2 Jan 1511, 27 Apr 1536 (1 parchment)
(43) Appointment by John Wyngfeld esq. of his cousin Francis Noone gent. of Gray's Inn and Thomas Brumball his (Wyngfeld's) servant as attorneys to dispose for him of his lands, sell his sheep and other movables and generally to act for him, 10 Dec 1540 (1 parchment)
(44) Appointment by Nicholas Bacon esq. of Christopher Clarke, clerk, and James Fa[-], yeoman, as attorneys in respect of a piece of meadow or marsh called Rushe meadow that he acquired from Richard Southwell knight on 1 Jan 1555, 6 June 1555 (1 parchment)
(45) Bond obliging Thomas Hamerton, woollendraper of Horncastle, Lincs., to ensure quiet possession to Margaret Clarke widow in a messuage and 3a. 2r. in Stanford, 24 Oct 1557 (1 parchment)
(46-47) Horningtoft
(46) Copy of court roll of the manor of Horningtoft admitting John Hunt and Joan his wife to 4a. 8p. in a close of tenement Gell, three roods with a messuage built of tenement Nicholas Rabet, 3r. of tenement Aleynis and 3r. of tenement Gilberdys on surrender of William Jerveys, 3 Jan 1426 (1 parchment)
(47) Grant by Hamon Burt of Wastunnisham (Waxham) to Adam son of Thomas Berisfot of Horningtoft of one acre lying in the field of Horningtoft against the cultura of (Sir cancelled) Thomas Burt called Berwe. Sir Hamon de Patisle a witness, [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(48-52) Weasenham
(48) Grant by William de Reynham to Alan Buket of Weasenham of a piece of land in fields of Weasenham at Mydelestmere and near Edward Wastel's foreland, with covenant against sale to religious or Jews [B3.3], [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(49) Grant by William son of Adam Stonhard to John [-], Ralph son of Adam [-] of [-] in fields of Weasenham, 11 July 1349 (1 damaged parchment)
(50) Quitclaim by Basilia formerly wife of Alan Buket to Cecily her daughter of right by reason of dower of a piece of land at Middelstmer, 23 June 1308 (1 parchment)
(51) Grant by Adam Takon of Walsingham to Richard Shwyk of Shernborne, William Stapilton of Helhoughton, John Rous, clerk, and William Fyncham of Rougham of two acres, a headland, in the field of Weasenham at Miclemere, had from John Wayte of Tittleshall, 23 Dec 1426 (1 parchment)
(52) Grant by William de Westwik to Adam Stonhard of a piece of arable land in the fields of Weasenham at Pilcherisgore and near [?Bird]wongsti, 28 Oct 1329 (1 parchment)
(53-61) Whissonsett and elsewhere
(53) Grant by William Cusyn of Raynham to Ralph Prenc and Alice his wife of 1a. 2r. at Somerles croft in the fields of Wellingham and 1r. at Typpokesheflond (sic) in field/s of Raynham, 23 Oct 1371 (1 parchment)
(54) Grant by Alan de Beteryng, burgess of Lynn Episcopi, to his daughter Margaret of all his lands and tenements in Lynn and Whissonsett [ZZ.1], 23 Apr 1338 (1 parchment)
(55) Grant by Adam son of Thomas Beresfot, both of Horningtoft, to Roger his brother of four pieces of land in the fields of Horningtoft and Whissonsett at Langefurlong and near Morgate, with payments (specified) to the chief lords of the fee, Thomas Burt, the prior de stagno (sic) and Reginald son of John. Sir Thomas Burt and Sir Peter Buzun witnesses [ZZ.7], [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(56) Grant by Thomas Burt of Horningtoft to James son of Henry de Hamo of Whisonsett and Petronilla his wife of 1a. 1r. in one piece in the fields of Whissonsett at Morgate, paying ¼d. to scutage when it comes, [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(57) Grant by Richard Edrich of Godwick to Peter de Wissingset, clerk, of three roods near Berch in the field of Whissonsett, 7 Nov 1300 (1 parchment)
(58) Grant by Richard of Dunmowe and Matilda his wife to Peter de Wissingsete, clerk, and Katherine his wife, of a piece of land in the field of Whissonsett at Pywesmor near Aldemorgate. Godwick, 30 May 1295 (1 parchment)
(59) Grant by Thomas Frere and Katherine his wife to Henry Maynard of Whissonsett of a messuage and of two acres of arable land in one piece in the field of Whissonsett [ZZ.14], 9 Nov 1393 (1 parchment)
(60) Copy of court roll of the manor of Whissonsett granting to William Grygge 1a. [?of tenement] Mylkesdropys and Gur[?nan]tes and afterwards William at Howe's, decayed and in the hands of the lord for many years, 1450-1451 (1 parchment)
(61) Grant by Agnes Smyth of Oxwick to Nicholas Esselot and Robert Gylbe of same of a piece of land in the field of Whissonsett, 27 May 1397 (1 parchment)

Little Ryburgh

(1) Quitclaim in her widowhood by Ysabel relict of Thomas son of Hamon de Gatele ward (alumpna) of John formerly rector of the church of Stibbard to Sir Ralph de Paueli of 2a. land in the fields of Little Ryburgh formerly of Sir Philip de Pauely of which 1½a. lay at Thornecrundel near Wygate and ½a. at Brendelond. Witnesses include Sir Giles de Munpinchun and John his son, Sir Reginald de Sancto Martino and William his son and Sir Ralph de Gatel' and John his son. [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(2) Grant by Ralph de Paueli to Richard and Nicholas his sons of 2½r. in fields of Little Ryburgh and Stibbard near Thornecrundel and Wygate and ½a. at Brendelond and ½a. in Stibbard at Norcroft, [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(3) Grant by said Ralph to said Nicholas of nine pieces of land in the fields of Little Ryburgh and Stibbard, one in field called Cranespit near Little Ryburgh common, and others near Bernardesbed, Wigate, Snakacre, near Stibbard windmill and in field called Northcroft in Stibbard, free of all services and demands except suit when a plea runs by royal precept, [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(4) Grant by Thomas son of Ralph de Hil of Little Ryburgh to Ralph son of Simon de Auehoghe of a piece of land in the fields of Little Ryburgh near that of the prior of [Horsham] St Faith, free of secular demands and suit of court except by royal writ in Thomas's court, [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(5) Quitclaim by said Thomas to John de Pauely of two pieces of meadow lying in length and breadth against John Bencelyn's meadow, [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(6) Grant by Hugh the chaplain of Ryburgh, son of Geoffrey son of Godwin of Little Ryburgh, to John son of Ralph de Pauely of Little Ryburgh, of half a dwelling house (mansio) that was Reginald the priest's of Little Ryburgh near the other half that Ralph de Munpyncun holds, the way from Simon de Alvehoghe's house to Wellemor, and the meadow (herbagium) of Ralph le potere, [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(7) Grant by Reginald son of Ranulf to Nicholas son of Ralph de Pauely of a piece of land in his croft near Sir Ralph de Pauely's fee. Sir Geoffrey son of Osbert and Sir Reginald de St Martin witness. [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(8) Grant by Abraham formerly son of Reginald the priest of Little Ryburgh to Ralph de Pauelly of half a rood of turbary of the fee of William le Veaytre in Brademor, extending from the meadow of William carpenter to the stream (ripa), [early-mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(9) Grant by William son of John, formerly rector of the church of Stibbard, to Hugh the chaplain, son of Geoffrey son of Godwin, of a dwelling house (mansio) that was Reginald's the chaplain of Ryburgh lying near the meadow (herbagium) that was of Sir Ralph the knight of Pauely and the way from the house of Simon de Auehohe to Wellmor, [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(10) Grant by John son of Ralph de Pauely knight to William le Talyur of messuage that was of Hugh Skut chaplain in Morgate in Little Ryburgh and the land near the spring called Morwelle as bounds placed show, not to sell to a religious house, paying 1d. to 20s. scutage when it occurs and rent of 3s. yearly and two absolutely white winged fowls (altilia pennis omnino alba) and a pound of cumin (cynnini). William is to have when he brings them food and a repast, to do court twice yearly at John's courts called Lamessemot and Michelmessemot save when a royal great writ of right commences in the court. For this grant William gave a pair of gloves and a pair to Joan his wife. John de Muntpyncun, William de Grancurt and Roger de St Martin knights witnesses. [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(11) Grant by Godfrey, abbot, and the convent of the church of St Mary de pratis of Creake, to John de Pauely of two roods in Little Ryburgh, abuttals including Ridelond and Wdemere Croft, in exchange for 2r. given by John [Godfrey was abbot 1262-81], mid 13th century (1 parchment)
(12) Grant by Thomas son of Ralph de Parva Riburg' to Henry son of Godfrey de Helgetone of a piece of land at Cokelhowebotme in the fields of Little Ryburgh, [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(13) Acknowledgment (chirograph) by John Pauely of debt of £16 to the priory of Castleacre in arrears of rent of 24s. for Inlondemille which he obliges himself to pay at the rate of 35s. 6d. p.a. and for which Earl Warrenn or the sheriff should distrain for lack of payment, 4 June 1301 (1 parchment)
(14) Grant by Richard le Warde to William de Pauely and Alice his wife of land in the fields of Little Ryburgh called le Hilhuscroft with a grove within it planted and ditched near ways called Maplegate and Lampytgate. William grants in exchange land at Mandidele and six marks of silver. Witnesses include John de Southtertonnne and Robert de Burgiun knights. 25 May 1310 (1 parchment)
(15) Appointment by Reginald de Berch and Christian his wife of Sir Simon vicar of Little Ryburgh to deliver seisin to William de Pauely of land in the field of LittleRyburgh at Frostebek, 28 Feb 1317 (1 parchment)
(16) Grant of same to same of same piece near Marketsty and Ratelond, 28 Feb 1317 (1 parchment)
(17) Grant by John le Millere of Horstead to John de Northro of Wroxham, John de Beston, parson of the church of Holme Hale, William de Smalberwe and Margaret de Burghwod, of all his lands and tenements in Briston, Melton Constable and Burgh Parva with their neaves and sequel, homages, rents, wards, reliefs, escheats, meadows, feedings, pastures, waters, fisheries, pools and woods. Horstead, 30 Aug 1359 (1 parchment)
(18) Grant in fee farm by Robert de Pauely to Hugh Atteston and Emma his wife of half an acre with a messuage on it formerly of Alice daughter of Andrew ?clerk, 4 Dec 1351 (1 parchment, part illegible)
(19) Grant by Richard Geryng senior to Catherine wife of John de ?Dokyng of land at Foxhil in the field of Little Ryburgh near the common pasture, 1359-60 (1 parchment, part illegible)
(20) Grant by John de Reppes knight to Edmund Noer of Tilney, William Straunge of Weston and Elias de Norton, chaplain, of all his lands and tenements with liberty of a fold in Stibbard, (Wood) Norton, Fulmodeston and Little Ryburgh, his neaves Richard Hobbeys, Richard Crisstemesse and Reginald Robbesson and John his son and all villeins born or to be born and their sequel with their lands, goods and chattels. Southrepps, 16 Nov 1357 (1 parchment)
(21) Enfeoffment by John Bosoun of Whissonsett, Robert de Geyton, Richard de Walton, Richard Risle and Richard Gegh of Sisilia lately wife of John Pauely in the manor of Little Ryburgh, 1 Aug 1379 (faded parchment)
(22) Register containing: Grant by John de Pauely, grantees as in no. 21, Geyton described as parson of the church of Hainford, of the manor of Little Ryburgh with appurtenances in Stibbard and half the manor of Hainford that his mother Margaret holds for life, 30 Sep 1375; Transcript of no. 21, naming the grantee as Cecily and conveying life interest, 30 Sep 1375; Grant by Bosoun, de Geyton, de Walton, John Gegges, de Risle and Richard Gegges to Cecily de Pauely of life interest in the manor of Little Ryburgh, 1 Aug 1379; Quitclaim by John Pauely, Thomas son of William Pauely junior, son of William Pauely senior deceased, to John Blake, son of Joan daughter of William Pauely junior, Edmund Blake esq., Simon Blake of Swaffham Market, Nicholas Bokkyng gent., and Hugh Acton, clerk, of right in the manors of Little Ryburgh and Hainford, the vills and fields of Stibbard and Testerton, and the manor of Itteringham Thweyt. Little Ryburgh , 28 Mar 1423; John Pauely junior, citizen of Norwich, being lately seised of the manors of Little Ryburgh, Paueleys in Stibbard and Hainford and dying without heirs of his body, title came to John Blake, citizen of Norwich, as son of the sister of John Pauely senior, who now grants them to his kinsman Edmund Blake esq., doorkeeper of the king's chamber, and Simon his brother, Hugh Acton, clerk, and Nicholas Bokkyng of Langham. Little Ryburgh, 9 Mar 1453; Appointment by John Pauely of Hainford of John Braunch, chaplain, and John Speer, to deliver seisin to Roger Prat, clerk, Edmund Oldehall, William Sedman, citizen of Norwich, John Bokyng and John Mannyng, mercer of Norwich, in the manor of Little Ryburgh , 28 May 1412; Quitclaim by John Paueley to Cecily de Shouldham of right in the manors of Hainford called Randulfeshalle and Little Ryburgh. 7 Henry IV, 1405-1406; Notarial instrument in which Richard Athelwald gent. of South Creake declared that in 1405-1406 at Little Ryburgh in the house of John Pawle esq. he saw a copy of a document dated 1316-1317 (10 Edward son of Edward) by which Simon Nowers gave the manors of Swanton, Saxlingham, Itteringham Thwaite and North Elmham to Robert Nowers and Alice his wife from whom came John and Philip Nowers and daughters Margaret and Joan, Margaret marrying Robert de Pawle from whom came John de Pawle and a daughter, ancestress of William Oldehalle knight, and Joan marrying Stephen de Halys knight and having a daughter Joan who married Simon de Esterlyng. John Nowers afterwards died seised and John son of Robert Pawle was killed, leaving John his son without heirs of his body, so William Oldehall son of Edmund Oldehalle esq. was the next heir of John Pawlee, 24 June 1418. 1375-1453 (1 paper gathering)
(23) Manor of Ryburgh, firmal of barley rents, 1376 (1 parchment)
(24) Manor of (Little) Ryburgh, court roll 1320 (14 Edward)-1321, 1320-1 (1 parchment)
(25) Manor of Whissonsett, firmal, [15th century] (paper gathering)
(26) Manors of Little Ryburgh Pavellz and Little Ryburgh Horsham St Faith, estreat, Oct 1598 (1 paper)
(27) Same manors, estreat, Mar 1596 (1 paper)
(28-30) Same manors, estreats, Sep 1593 (28), Sep 1594 (29) and March 1595 (30), 1593-1595 (1 paper)
(31) Valor of manors of Great and Little Ryburgh, 1629 (1 paper)
(32) Copy of court roll of the manor of Ryburgh Horsham St Faith admitting Thomas Bond on the death of John Reyner to a piece of land in Church Close, 18 Oct 1682 (1 paper)

Includes deeds endorsed 'Recept' de abbato de W'.

Horsham St Faith Manor; 1189-1925; Little Ryburgh, Norfolk

Little Ryburgh, Testerton and Stibbard

(1) Grant by Philip de Stiberde to Philip de Pauelia of one acre at Euedelond (no vill named), [early 13th century] (1 parchment)
(2) Grant by Philip de Pauelli to Geoffrey, William, Humphrey and Hugh, wards (alumpni) of John parson of Stibbard and Alice their mother, of a piece of land in the fields of Stibbard, one abutting the croft of Heruald Tille and the other abutting Hegsmedu, [early 13th century] (1 parchment)
(3.) Grant by Philip de Pauely of Little Ryburgh, knight, to Cecily daughter of John de Hastingges, formerly rector of the church of Aylsham (Eylesham), for £50 'quibus me acquietavit Judaismo penel Isaac' of all his land in Stibbard in demesne, services, homages and rents, and similarly all his land in Testerton and in ?Westhun held by service of the eighth part of one knight's fee when scutage happens of 13d. to 20s., to Cecily and then to the heirs of Philip's son Ralph. With warranty against all Christians and Jews [K3.1], [mid 13th century] (1 parchment)
(4) Quitclaim by William son of Roger Makefare of Stibbard to Sir Ralph de Pavely of right in Stibbard with houses, buildings and foldage, rents and escheats [K3.2], [early 13th century] (1 parchment)
(5) Grant by Wiliam Bandenay of Stibbard to Richard de Pavaly of one acre at Longelond in Stibbard near way to Lenwade with foldage formerly of Philip Coning, William's grandfather, viz a quarter part of one fold, three halfpence annual rent that Walter Fulcher paid for 1a. 1r. in Stibbard and a further one penny annual rent there owed by Sir Richard for one acre there. Sir Walter de Grantcurt a witness, [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(6) Grant by William Baundeney to Ralph son of Ralph de Paveli of a piece of land at Longelond in the fields of Stibbard [K3.6], [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(7) Grant by (?)Rucwara femina of Geoffrey de Fonte of Stibbard to Geoffrey, William, Humphrey, Hugh and Henry, alumpni (wards) of John parson of Stibbard and Alice their mother, of a piece of land that Matilda her mother gave to Geoffrey her husband in free marriage, lying in Hehage near the land of Edee the widow of Stibbard and near the bruery [K3.7], [early 13th century] (1 parchment)
(8) Quitclaim by Ralph ad Eclesiam of Godwick to John de Pauely of all the tenements he held of him in Stibbard by gift of Ralph de Pauely his father and that were formerly Ralph Makefares, in messuages, arable lands, rents, services, customs, herbages, meadows, feedings, common pastures, foldages, ways, paths, profits and all other liberties and appurtenances belonging, [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(9) Grant by Geoffrey son of Ralph Attewelle of Stibbard to Simon son of Edde de Dunham of a messuage with buildings and trees with croft belonging, had by gift of Ralph his father, the messuage abutting the common pasture and the croft lying between lands of William his brother, [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(10) Grant by Peter Attehoghaghe of Stibbard of a piece of land at Bromlond in the field of Stibbard, with clause not to regrant to religious house, [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(11) Grant by John de Pavely to John Chaplain, son of Ralph the baker, of a piece of land at Wellecroft in Stibbard near the common pasture, not to regrant to religious house or Jews. Witnesses include Sir William de Grancurt and Sir Walter his son, [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(12) Grant by Ralph ad Ecclesiam of Godwick to Richard son of Ralph de Pavely of Little Ryburgh of a messuage with croft and three pieces of land and one foldsoke in Stibbard, one at Wro and one at Lytelhowe, and 3s yearly rent, [late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(13) Grant by Roger Cowing of Little Ryburgh and Alice daughter of Ralph the clerk, his wife, to Richard de Pauely of Little Ryburgh to a piece of land at Seggemere in Stibbard 'que Iacet pro tribus rodis', abutting Wygate and the way from Little Ryburgh to Stibbard, [mid-late 13th century] (1 parchment)
(14) Grant by Richard son of Richard le Rous of Great Raynham to Matilda, Alice and Katherine, his daughters, for term of their lives, of a messuage with buildings in Testerton with woods or bushes, rents both free and customary, and all his custumars and customs in the fields of Stibbard and Testerton and the advowson of the church of Testerton. If one marries the property to remain to the others. Sir Thomas de Hauuill witness. Raynham. 27 Oct 1308 (1 parchment)
(15) Grant by Peter Attehalleyate, chaplain of Stibbard, to John de Grene of same and Margaret his wife, of a piece of land in the field of Stibbard at Har'croftes., 4 May 1315 (1 parchment)
(16) Grant by Henry King of Stibbard to Sir William de Grene, chaplain, of a messuage in Stibbard with closes and crofts adjoining and dower of Agnes his mother on same when it falls due, 9 May 1315 (1 parchment)
(17) Grant by Reginald son of William de Stibard to William de Pavely of Little Ryburgh and Alice his wife of 2d. yearly rent from certain tenements in the field of Stibbard at Wades sty and near the way to le Howe, 26 May 1318 (1 parchment)
(18) Grant by Simon de Binham, perpetual vicar of Little Ryburgh, to Alice formerly wife of William Pavely of Ryburgh of all lands and tenements in the vill and fields of Stibbard of the gift of the said William, with villeins with their sequel, lands and chattels, the services of free men, reliefs, wards and escheats, to remain after her death to William's heirs. Sir Robert de Burginun and Sir Thomas de Scnytertun among witnesses [K3.18], 5 Mar 1339 (1 parchment)
(19) Grant by Ralph Fysher of Stibbard to Nicholas (?)Dousyn of [-] (illegible) and Agnes daughter of Peter de Aula of Stibbard of a piece of arable land in the field of Stibbard, 1333-1334 (1 parchment)
(20) Grant by Peter de Aula to Eustace his son, chaplain, and his brother Reginald, of all lands and tenements had by gift of William his (grantor's) father in vills of Stibbard and Little Ryburgh with a messuage with houses, trees and rents with three acres of arable land and two pieces of meadow lying in the fields of Stibbard, 14 Mar 1334 (1 parchment)
(21) Grant by William son of Richard atte Grene of Stibbard, chaplain, to Sir William son of John atte Grene of Stibbard, chaplain, of messuage with croft adjoining with one toft and ten pieces of land and two of meadow in Stibbard, the messuage lying near a path leading to Stibbard church and the croft near the common pasture and the lands in the cultura called Yerlussawe, and near Wodefurlong, le Ryde de Fulmodeston, le Wro, Northcroft, the way before the parson's gate, Eluelond and Falleyat, and the meadow at Becrowe and Wilw medwe, 11 Mar 1342 (1 parchment)
(22) Grant by John son of Adam le Wayte of Stibbard and Margaret his wife to John atte Grene junior of Stibbard, chaplain, of messuage with croft adjoining and a piece of land in Stibbard formerly of Alice Aubry, lying near Stunniscroft, 23 Apr 1349 (1 parchment)
(23) [Grant by] Thomas [-] of [-]pensport to [? Robert] [? Hegrine] [and] Walter Varyn of Stibbard of [-] in the field of Stibbard in Honcotismer' furlong, ? 3 Mar 1391 (1 parchment)
(24) Grant by Sir William Grene, rector of the church of Stibbard, and Margaret his wife, to John atte Grene and Richard Tyce of same to John Dobbys of Stibbard and John Robynns of same of 12a. arable land in the vill and fields of Stibbard lying partly near the heath, 7 Dec 1399 (1 parchment)
(25) Grant by John de Berneye of Stibbard to Philip Dobbus senior of same, Thomas Dobbus and John Dobbus junior of one rood of land in Stibbard and service and 16d. yearly rent from lands held by John Pauly, Robert Ashefelde, John Prikkere, William Walberd, John Symond, John Capel and William atte Heyhaghe, 1 Mar 1401 (1 parchment)
(26, 27) Two parts of tripartite indenture of grant by Richard Tyce of Stibbard to John Dobbus senior of same, Thomas Dobbus and John Dobbus junior of Stibbard sons of John Dobbus deceased of pieces of land of 13a. 1r. and 3r. partly near the common, had from John de Berneye and William Grene, deceased parson of the church of Stibbard [K3.25], 29 Feb 1401 (1 parchment)
(28) Grant by Thomas Heyhaugh to Richard Creydere of Kettlestone, Mathew Jurdan of Stibbard and Alice his wife of 1a. 1r. free land in the field of Stibbard, 5 Oct 1413 (1 parchment)
(29) Grant by Thomas Atheyhawe of Stibbard to Mathew Jurdon and Alice his wife of 3r. free land at Zorlsawe in Stibbard [K2.28], 3 June 1414 (1 parchment)
(30) Copy of inspeximus of letters of proceedings in king's bench against Sir William Oldhalle on a matter touching the king's person, 11 July 1455 (2 paper sheets)
(31) Quitclaim by John Heydon to John Eyr, clerk, and John Capel, of right in four pieces of arable land in the field of Stibbard and 16 pence yearly rent from divers lands and tenements in Stibbard, had with John Wryght of Testerton and Richard Jagges of Stibbard from John and Thomas Dobbes both of Stibbard, 6 Apr 1464 (1 parchment)
(32) Indenture, in English, between Sir George Nevill, Lord Bergevenny, and Margaret his wife, daughter of Hugh of Fenne, and Roger Touneshend, serjeant at law, for production of records of property lately purchased from them, 8 Feb 1480 (1 paper)
(33) Draft quitclaim by Hugh Everard, skinner of London, to Roger Touneshend, serjeant at law, 'and AB' of right in the manor of Reppes and Pavelenes in Little Ryburgh with appurtenances there and in Stibbard, Guist and adjacent vills formerly John Pavely's, [15th century] (1 paper)
(34) Exemplification of suit at Westminster whereby Roger Touneshend impleaded George Nevyll knight of Bergevenny and Margaret concerning the manors of Little Ryburgh, Stibbard and Guist and the advowson of Stibbard with appurtenances in those vills and in Wood Norton, Fulmodeston, Guist, Bale and Gunthorpe, citing pleading of unjust disseisin brought by Hugh atte Fen in king's bench in trinity term 1478 adjourned because of non-appearance of witness Stephen Mayner, clerk [K3.64], 11 July 1478 (paper)
(35) Grant by John Scony, husbandman of Cawston, and wife Cecily daughter of Richard Jagges of Stibbard, to Roger Touneshend knight, of lands and tenements in closes and arable and pasture, until Touneshend is paid arrears, he meanwhile to pay yearly for every acre as the custom is in Stibbard lordship. The property comprised 5 acres in Heyhows Close (including dykes), 5a. arable abutting Stibbard common, Lyttyl Close containing 3a., pightle called Mellys Zerd containing 1a., 37a. arable and pasture belonging to the manor of Wychingham and 5a. arable called Whight ollond. 7 Jan 1489 (1 indented paper)
(36) Lease by Tounyshend to William Capell of Stibbard of the lands and tenements seised of said William in Lady Tounyshend's days, to hold until Michaelmas next [K3.80], 20 Apr 1501 (1 indented paper)
(37) Bargain and sale by John and Cecily Scony to Roger Touneshend esq. of lands, tenements, rents, services, closes and foldages lately Jagges', with covenant to levy fine, 12 Oct 1499 (1 indented paper)
(38, 39) Final concord between same parties re 50a. land, 20a. pasture and liberty of one fold to pasture 300 sheep in Stibbard, 18 Nov 1501 (1 parchment, with counterpart)
(40) Exemplification of lawsuit brought by Thomas Bowman and Augusten Ryve against Eleanor Towneshend about the status of Stibbard as a quillett or hamlet of Fakenham and ownership of heathland in Stibbard, [c 1567] (1 damaged parchment)
(41) Exemplification from the duchy of Lancaster chamber citing bill of complaint brought by [-] Danyell, Bowman, Ryve and others against Eleanor Towneshend about the status of waste ground in Stibbard, 5 Dec 1567 (1 damaged parchment)
Includes deeds endorsed 'Recept' de abbato de W'.

Townshend deeds relating to the Raynhams, Helhoughton, and adjacent parishes, Kettlestone, Little Snoring, Warham

The deeds are numbered: 1-2, 4-121, 124-133, 139, 145, 147-150, 152-156, 158-160, 163-170, 172-77, 183-93, 195-205, 208, 210-12, 216, 220, 223-231, 233, 239-42, 246-251, 253-254, 261, 263, 265, 268-72, 274, 276-279, 282-290, 292-293, 297-305, 307, 310-15, 318, 324-5, 328, 331-2, 333-339, 341-345, 347, 349-53, 355, 357-58, 362-64, 367-370, 372-376, 380, 382, 389, 391-98, 400-03, 406-08, 411-21, 423-25, 427-429, 431-434, 436-49, 451-55, 458-62, 466, 471-82, 490-491.

Including: draft court roll, West Raynham, 1486 (4); bill for delivery of sheep at Syderstone and Bircham Newton on behalf of earl of Leicester, 1579 (97); deed including list of free tenants in Helhoughton, Oxwick and Raynham St Mary, 1331 (129); order by the office of the bishop of Norwich to the deans of Brisley and Toftrees, the chaplains of the Raynham churches and all rectors, vicars and chaplains in those deaneries: to excommunicate those who had slandered John Chaumpeneys of East Raynham by accusing him of theft from Radulphus Carmerer of West Raynham, deceased, 1408 (403).

Resultaten 1 tot 15 van 321