Print preview Close

Showing 3050 results

Archival description
King's Lynn Borough Archives
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Grand Union Railway

Nottingham to King's Lynn. Shows the horizontal level and cross section of the track and branch lines. Covers 70 miles of track but the only place names. mentioned are the river crossing, no towns are named. Plan arrived in 1845 as part of a large batch

Plan of the line of the proposed drains in the fens

Loose plans, sections and appendices. Shows proposed routes between: Nene Navigation from Woodstone Staunch above Peterborough Bridge to Cross Key Bridge; Catchwater drain from Standground Sluice on the River Nene to near Wells Bridge on the Forty Foot (or Vermuydens drain); Caldicote Dyke across Whittlesea mere and along Bevil's Leam to the River Nene at Guyhirn; Top of Monk's Lode to Bevil's Leam at Pond's Bridge. Several sections of the first route are missing and only one section remains of the route of the proposed cut near Rummer's sluice to Horseshoe Corner, Wissbech to Peterborough and Holbeach.

Plans and drawings

The records relate to the following sites, buildings and functions:

Air Raid Precautions (ARP), 1939-1943 and n.d.
Allotments, 1896-1935
Almshouses, n.d., 1907 and 1942
Cattle Market, 1862-1933
Cemeteries, 1885-1964
Corn Exchange, 1853-1956
Corporation Depot, yard and stable, 1884-1906
Electricity Supply, 1895-1955
Fire Brigade, 20th century
Footbridges, 20th century
Gas Works, 1898
Gaywood Hall, 1892-c. 1955
Highways, 1873-1952
Housing, 1896-1951
Lynn Museum, 1934 and n.d.
Police and Mortuary, 20th century
Public Health and hospitals, 1893-1938
Public walks, gardens and recreation grounds, 1901-1949
Quays, 1864-1960s
Railways, 1868-1898
Schools and educational facilities, 19th-20th century
Sewerage, 1888-1957
Swimming baths, 1911-1937 and n.d.
Theatre Royal, 20th century
Town Hall and Municipal Buildings, 1890-1954
Waterworks and water supply, 1854-1969
Queen's Street, 1965-1975
Individual plans, 20th century

Results 1 to 15 of 3050