Sub-sub-fonds T/MC 6 - Infant School

Reference code

T/MC 6

Title

Infant School

Date(s)

  • 1835-1971 (Creation)

Level of description

Sub-sub-fonds

Extent and medium

6 pieces

Name of creator

(1836-1869)

Administrative history

Set up by subscribers in 1836 to provide an education in the broad principles of Christianity for poor children. The School closed in 1869 through lack of funds and the building was sold in 1890 and its proceeds devoted to a prize fund for children at the new infant school.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

Committee minutes; Correspondence; Draft conveyances and sale particulars; and papers re prize giving.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Status

Catalogued

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places