Halwick Manor; 1189-1925; Thetford, Norfolk

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Halwick Manor; 1189-1925; Thetford, Norfolk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Thetford cum Halwick Halwich

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1189-1925

History

Owned by priory of St Mary Thetford. Granted to Duke of Norfolk at Dissolution, disposed of by him 1549 [Swales]. Lord Ashburton is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory (1845).\r\nWm. Dalziel Mackenzie, Esq., is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory, 1883.

Places

Thetford, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/3752

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 22/01/2003 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

F. Blomefield, 'An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk' (11 vols, London, 1805-1810) at British History Online.
W. White, 'History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk, and the City and County of the City of Norwich' (1845), p. 401
T.H. Swales, 'The redistributions of monastic lands in Norfolk at the Dissolution', Norfolk Archaeology, 34 (1966), pp. 45-73

Maintenance notes

Not sure MDR now proven

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places