Eaton Manor; 1189-1925; Eaton, Norfolk

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Eaton Manor; 1189-1925; Eaton, Norfolk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1189-1925

History

The manor was granted to Norwich Cathedral priory by Alan, son of Flaald, in the early twelfth century. It then passed to Norwich Dean and Chapter at the Dissolution of the monastic house and foundation of the Cathedral chapter in 1538; confirmed in the 'refoundation' charter of 1547.\r\nAccording to the MAF's list of known manors, compiled in 1925, the last transaction was dated 1876 and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners were lord; the steward's name is not given [TNA, HMC 5/6].

Places

Eaton, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/3610

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 22/01/2003 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

F. Blomefield, 'An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk' (11 vols, London, 1805-1810)\r\nKnown manors: Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries list, 1925, TNA, "HMC 5/6

Maintenance notes

Proven MDR
  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC