Dereham Antiquarian Society; 1953-

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Dereham Antiquarian Society; 1953-

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1953-

History

The Society was founded in 1953. It incorporates the Cowper Society of Dereham. The Arcadian Club, which studies the life and works of the local antiquarian Dr Augustus Jessopp, is another specialist group within the Society. Bishop Bonner's Cottage Museum in Dereham was founded by, and continues to be run by, volunteer members of the Society.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/9195

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 21/08/2018 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC