- 1899-1986 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The house was initially known as Enmore House, but was called Acacia House by 1932 and then Firths in the 1980s, when it was being run as a guesthouse.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 11 January 2018 (ACC 2017/153). List completed 11 January 2018 (JW).
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Conveyed by the executors of John Isaac to Edward Pillow in 1899, then to Margaret Pillow in 1904, Charlotte Taylor in 1923, Robert Wilson in 1924, Percy and Eva Jones in 1932, Ivan and Vera Margetson in 1959, Anthony and Angela Jacobs and Phyllys Firth in 1981, and Roger and Mavis Squires in 1986. Includes abstracts of title, some refering to the site before the house was built in 1859; mortgages; and extinguishment of yearly rentcharge in 1970. One mortgage of 1902 also relates to St Furseys, 12 Upper Cliff Road, Gorleston.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created 11/01/2018 by Drojr. Modified 05/04/2019 by Droip.