Series - Cator family and the Woodbastwick Estates

Identity area

Reference code

Title

Cator family and the Woodbastwick Estates

Date(s)

  • 1558-1990 (Creation)

Level of description

Series

Extent and medium

122 pieces

Context area

Name of creator

(fl 1818-present)

Biographical history

At Woodbastwick Hall.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

The majority of this series comprises deeds and related documents concerning the settlement of the estates, which cover Woodbastwick, Ranworth, Panxworth, Salhouse, and surrounding areas. There are also references to the Cator's other estates, in Beckenham, Surrey, and Essex.
Woodbastwick Hall, acquired by John Cator c 1818, rebuilt after a serious fire in 1883 during the occupation of Albemarle Cator, used as Red Cross Auxillary Hospital during Second World War, Agricultural Training College until it was demolished in 1971. The house was again rebuilt in 2004 and is now in the ownership of Henry Cator.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

ac555096-453d-4610-a4a4-dd9f51f49226

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Created 06/11/2013 by Droab. Modified 17/09/2019 by Droab.

Sources

Accession area