Banningham Manor; 1189-1925; Banningham, Norfolk

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Banningham Manor; 1189-1925; Banningham, Norfolk

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Crackfords

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1189-1925

History

In the mid-sixteenth century, the owners of the manors of Erpingham, Colby, Banningham, Felbrigg, Aylmerton, (Sir Edmond Wyndham holds all but the first of these manors), pay rents to Hanworth manor, as does Hales Hall in Metton, here described as a tenement, not as a manor.\r\nFrederica Windham, widow, is named as lady of the manor in the Inclosure Act for Erpingham, Colby, Banningham and Ingworth of 1818 [NRO, MC 88/7/2].\r\nW.H. Windham, Esq., is given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory (1845).\r\nW.F. Windham, Esq., given as lord of the manor in White's Trade Directory (1883).

Places

Banningham, Norfolk

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Extended into Ingworth according to White's 1883 Directory.

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

GB/153/NM/3234

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Catalogued

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on: 22/01/2003 by Droip

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

F. Blomefield, 'An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk' (11 vols, London, 1805-1810)\r\nW. White, 'History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk, and the City and Cou

Maintenance notes

Proven MDR
  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC